DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Fly More Combo" worth it?

m4v1c

Reactions
Hello!

So I was wondering what you all think about the Mavic bundle which is $1300 (2 extra batteries, 2 pairs of propellers, charging hub, battery-to-phone charger, DJI bag). I do think having a total of 3 batteries would be very nice, but an extra $300 for the batteries, chargers, propellers, and bag seems too expensive--I wish I could exclude the bag since its $79 (according to DJI, you'd be saving $82 with the bundle).

I was thinking about just getting the Drone+Controller & one extra battery ($1089ish); it be helpful to hear what you guys recommend especially since this is my first drone and experience with RC devices.

Thanks!
Happy flying - m4v1c

EDIT: Are extra batteries backordered too :/?

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Batteries aren't shipping yet. Plan on picking up an extra battery for each additional 20 minutes you'd like to fly each time you head out.

I ordered the bundle so I could have a couple extra batteries because I was told they didn't know when spare batteries would be available.
If they were available I would have just ordered the basic pro and a couple batts.
I will use the charging hub, maybe the bag as well but could have lived without them.

I have the Fly More combo and am definitely getting use out of it. The 3 batteries are almost a "must have", considering you'll REALLY want to keep flying this thing. I'll be using the car charger on a boat and on long car trips, so that's nice to have. The ability to use my 25% remaining battery charge to top off my cell phone or controller is also a nice feature. The DJI bag is where I am on the fence...it's a nice quality and works for short trips but I wouldn't have paid $79 for it...rather I'd go with a slightly larger camera bag that could hold all the components, including 3 batteries and both chargers.

The batts standalone right now have a one month delay. The car charger and charging hub is worth it. The bag to me is useless. The extra props are good as a just in case.

Get the fly more combo just for the batts and charge hub + car charger alone. It's worth it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I agree with the above members, The fly more is a great value.... I have seen the bag is nice and quality... But it is just too small. So I wish, the Fly More came with all it has..... But instead of the bag, it would have some type of hard case that holds ALL that comes with the Fly More...... and then we could buy cheap bags for portability.

I didn't order the Fly More Combo but I'd say it was an OK value for me since I would only count the bag as a bonus.

I'll definitely order 1-2 spare batteries and a charging hub for sure once they're readily available (and probably the battery to power bank adapter since I reckon it will be pretty good to discharge the leftovers after each flights). But I'm still not sure whether I want the car charger or not, so that's why I didn't order the Fly More Combo XD

The fly more package is all great apart from the bag. Good quality, bit man bag like and the main problem is it's a bit snug. The props get caught if you are not careful slotting it in and the controller needs to go in at a bit of an angle otherwise the sticks get a lot of pressure.

I've the flymore and the bag is indeed quite small. everything fits snuggly no real issue, but if you want to put anything else than your 3 or 4 batts and accessories in the bag you're out of luck :)
the bag is also indeed of high quality (this is my best looking bag lol). waterproof zippers, corded strap, nice stitches, etc.

Thanks for the input! Ya I was planning to purchase my Mavic this weekend from Amazon or B&H, but it seems like I won't get it until who knows when...(late Nov? Dec?). I live in WA state, idk if that impacts my chance of getting the drone.

If I do get it by Dec., the extra batteries should be in stock by then right (If it's only gonna be a one month delay)???

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app

I got the fly more combo in just today... and it's already helping me "Fly More"!
f3deec98c786fdf41f3ce9941a82b3c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input! Ya I was planning to purchase my Mavic this weekend from Amazon or B&H, but it seems like I won't get it until who knows when...(late Nov? Dec?). I live in WA state, idk if that impacts my chance of getting the drone.

If I do get it by Dec., the extra batteries should be in stock by then right (If it's only gonna be a one month delay)???

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app
to be honest, given the state of things now no one can say for sure about the availability of batteries. The demand for the mavic and her accessories are tremendous, especially batteries.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Crenshaw
OK, a bit confused.... so does the Fly More bundle come with a total two (2) or three (3) batteries?

I'd say go for the bundle. I have it and it's worth it just for being able to have extra batteries. Seems that's the only way to have extras anyway. As others have said the bag is nice but very compact, which I like that about it. The charging hub is great, being able to load the batteries and not have to swap each out is awesome. Set it and forget it. I can see using everything included and I'm saving $82. Bonus. Go for it.

Well I'm incredibly happy that I dropped the extra bills. Why, because I tried to order extra props and learned that I would get them the first day after the new moon. Holy moly. You can't get accessories anywhere. Good luck on getting anything that doesn't come with your package.

Well I'm incredibly happy that I dropped the extra bills. Why, because I tried to order extra props and learned that I would get them the first day after the new moon. Holy moly. You can't get accessories anywhere. Good luck on getting anything that doesn't come with your package.

Yep, This is why I'm waiting till after Christmas. Accessories will be out by then, firmware will have settled down, maybe priced less too , who knows.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I usually wait when a new bird comes out. When I saw new bird with three batteries flight time equal to P4 ... that was it. I know from experience the sweet spot for me is 3 batteries. So complete package for about 100 more than I paid for my P3p... and I get it before most. More than a fair price.

I have the flymore combo received it last week. I LOVE it... you will want the extra batteries for flying time!!!! I haven't flown my inspire since!!!!! Tripod mode makes my jobs easy!!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada