DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

fly more?

rvd98072

Reactions
are you getting the standard mavic pro or the fly more package?

is there a list somewhere that lists out the additional things that the fly more package comes with? is it a good value? does it come with 1 extra battery or 2 extra batteries (so you'd have 3 total)?

i don't really think it's worth another $300 since the bag looks ok but i'd probably buy an after market bag, etc.

It comes with three total batteries.

The only thing in the package I'm unlikely to use much, at all, is the car charger. But even if you subtract the stand-alone cost of that, it's still cheaper than buying the components separately.

While there will probably be some cool Mavic bags down the road, the one in the bundle is specifically designed for the Mavic, holds all three batteries, and looks nice. I'll take care of it and if I see an aftermarket bag I like better later, I can likely resell it pretty easily as popular as the Mavic is likely to be!

I'm not convinced it's good value, the bag seems expensive and part of the appeal is you don't need a dedicated bag.
The 12V charger seems to be more powerful and faster than the mains version so might be worth getting later.
To me it makes more sense initially to just get one or two additional batteries.

is there a list somewhere that lists out the additional things that the fly more package comes with?
Here's what the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo includes:

Mavic Pro (w/Battery, 3 Sets Props, Charger, RC, 16GB Memory Card): $999
2 Extra Sets of Props (10 props total): $18
Shoulder Bag: $79
2 Extra Batteries (3 batteries total): $178
Car Battery Charger: $49
Power Bank Adapter: $19
50W Charging Hub: $39
----------------------------------------------
Total: $1,381
Discount: $82
----------------------------------------------
You Pay: $1,299

So the $82 discount basically means you get the shoulder bag thrown in free.

I don't really want/need all of the extras, and I intend on finding a bag for cheaper than that, so instead I've just bought an extra battery, and an extra set of props.

That's the beauty of it. No one is forcing the $300 add on.

For me, I bought it. The bag will be used, as I dont already have one that would really work. I will use the car charger (on my motorcycle) to charge while riding. Being able to put all the batteries on the hub and have them charge up will be key on my trips. The bag will fit in my top-box while traveling, offering the padding against any vibration. The spare batteries were going to be ordered anyway, and I plan on at least 2 more as well.

I have also ordered 2 dedicated 64GB SD cards for the drone. the 16GB card is just enough for a battery's worth of flight time in 4K. Just not enough. Now, I will still only use one card per battery (dumping the video at battery changes) so having the 2nd card to insert and use while dumping the video there is no downtime (until all batteries are exhausted).

I'll be getting it. Seems like decent value to me.

I took a gamble just to get the standard package, not the fly more. I assumed there could be potentially be a delay in one of those added items, that would hold the shipment.

I'm in no great hurry to get mine, so ordered the Fly More package. Only hope that it gets to me before the 3rd week of November so I can take it to Costa Rica with me for Thanksgiving. :)

I ordered the fly more bundle. I remember getting my P3 and handling it like it was nitro.. Don't jiggle it don't let the kid touch the props.. Matter of fact I didn't want anybody touching it. I had to carry it in a box for files that I found at work for holding paper. I did like the fact that nobody suspected the tech inside the box of paper. But I went around for days without a box. I already know I am going to need at least 3 batteries so starting out with everything, save the ND filters, was the reason I wanted the all inclusive package.

I also like the bag... because it says Mavic on it and it is basically Free...

I really don't care when I get it. I say that but if the supplier is late getting it to me by more than a few weeks I'm likely to cancel the order and get one from Best Buy or Apple. I want to see mine no later than a week or so after it hits the store any more than that and it is just not realistic to expect someone to pass up doing for themselves.

I get a slight discount with apple so i ended up putting an order in on apple.com and since they don't have the fly more package available, i didn't get it. the only thing i was interested in were the 2 additional batteries so that's only $178 instead of $300. Yeah, I suppose I would use the bag if I had it, but i'll probably get another one or buy one used.

I bought the fly more, 2 more batts and the refresh, because you never know.

Wonder if workers are beginning to prep shipments in China. It's about 9am in Hong Kong.

I bought the standard Mavic Pro and ordered an extra battery. I'll most likely get the Mavic way before the extra battery. That poor original battery is going to get a work out

I get a slight discount with apple so i ended up putting an order in on apple.com and since they don't have the fly more package available, i didn't get it. the only thing i was interested in were the 2 additional batteries so that's only $178 instead of $300. Yeah, I suppose I would use the bag if I had it, but i'll probably get another one or buy one used.

I get a discount too, so this is exactly what I plan to do. Did you get a shipping estimate from Apple by chance? Right now they just seem to say "November."

I'm getting the flymore combo. Even though the car charger is most likely going to be a white elephant, i calculated the cost of the extra things separately and i realised it's way cheaper to get the combo bundle. Hence my decision to get it.
Anyway i live in singapore and most places can be driven in 30mins or less, cant see how the hell i'm gonna charge even one battery.

That's the beauty of it. No one is forcing the $300 add on.

For me, I bought it. The bag will be used, as I dont already have one that would really work. I will use the car charger (on my motorcycle) to charge while riding. Being able to put all the batteries on the hub and have them charge up will be key on my trips. The bag will fit in my top-box while traveling, offering the padding against any vibration. The spare batteries were going to be ordered anyway, and I plan on at least 2 more as well.

I have also ordered 2 dedicated 64GB SD cards for the drone. the 16GB card is just enough for a battery's worth of flight time in 4K. Just not enough. Now, I will still only use one card per battery (dumping the video at battery changes) so having the 2nd card to insert and use while dumping the video there is no downtime (until all batteries are exhausted).
Exactly what I plan on doing, as I ride a F6B with a 1200 watt charging system there is plenty of excess power for the charging hub. Being able to charge the batteries between stops is perfect, and needed as I camp out a lot on my bike without access to line power.

Reactions: Deckyon
I ordered the Bundle from Carolina Dronz..... You really need at least 3 batteries.... (so that would be $1,177) so for an extra $122 you get the sholder bag that is made for the Mavic pro fly more pack.... The hub needed if you want to charge more than 1 battery at a time.... Those 2 items I would of ordered anyways.... so for me $4 for the rest of the stuff looks like a real bargain.

The one thing I am not sure about is the Props..... In the standard pack.... it states that there are 3 PAIRS of props (IE: you will need 2 pair to be able to fly... 2-marked, 2-unmarked) then you get a 1 ea marked / unmarked..... It looks like you get an additional 2 pairs of props with the bundle.... and extra props is always a good thing!

It comes with three total batteries.

The only thing in the package I'm unlikely to use much, at all, is the car charger. But even if you subtract the stand-alone cost of that, it's still cheaper than buying the components separately.

While there will probably be some cool Mavic bags down the road, the one in the bundle is specifically designed for the Mavic, holds all three batteries, and looks nice. I'll take care of it and if I see an aftermarket bag I like better later, I can likely resell it pretty easily as popular as the Mavic is likely to be!
As I travel via M/C that is the one thing I will use the most, that and the charging hub. The ability to pack the entire kit in one of my saddle bags, and charge the batteries between stops is a great advantage to me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe