DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly to Japan?

Marcritos

Reactions
Hello guys
I am flying for a long holidays to Japan.
I would like to bring my mavic with me. So i have 2 questions.

1.There is any problem to bring it with me? Will they stop me and make me pay a fee or something like that?

2. I am gonna fly with turkish airlanes? Any problem to bring aswell my 3 batteries with the mavic?

Thanks guys i already read something in internet but i didnt get a clear answer.
Thanks
Marcos

Japan's Drone Restrictions

For Japan laws. I flew my Mavic at Miyajima and Mount Fuji only. Check DJI No Fly zones online before you fly.

As for airlines, I flew with Air Canada and ANA, as long as you have all your batteries with you (DO NOT PUT IN CHECKED LUGGAGE), you'll be fine, up to 6 batteries total (varies by airilne)

Japan's Drone Restrictions

For Japan laws. I flew my Mavic at Miyajima and Mount Fuji only. Check DJI No Fly zones online before you fly.

As for airlines, I flew with Air Canada and ANA, as long as you have all your batteries with you (DO NOT PUT IN CHECKED LUGGAGE), you'll be fine, up to 6 batteries total (varies by airilne)
At the moment i am in Tokyo and nobody check my drone up, only before leave the UK. I 've checking dji app, i can not fly anywhere =( . Luckily i am visiting some towns so i will fly there.

Will see what happens when i leave Japan.

Giys after my trip i forgot to write. There is so many places in Japan where is totally forbidden use the drone, so actually is not a good idea to take it with you dare.

But is you take it with you. Go to lake Biwa. You will freak out :)

I'm living here in Japan and sure there are lots of no fly zones but once you get into country areas it's fine
Common sense, avoid tourist areas, large buildings and airports.

Flew on JAL from Singapore to Sapporo and Tokyo and back. Always carried my mavic pro as carry on with 3 batteries. I would place it separately in a bin in its carrying case when getting X-rayed as I do my laptop. No problems. One time an inspector looked at the batteries to check the power rating which she confirmed as fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000