DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying 1000m / 3000ft above Shanghai with landing on building

My magic pro height setting is 500 m only. How to increase to 1000 m or more. I couldn't change the settings.

This topic said flying 1000 ft high. So can it really be allowed to fly so high?

This topic said flying 1000 ft high. So can it really be allowed to fly so high?

It says 1000m which is roughly 3000ft.
It's not allowed to fly so high, but possible if you land on a huge building and shut off the motors.
Then after restart, high altitude will be your new 0 and you can start again to go higher. ;)

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Wow, I was dizzy at the first height, although as he said illegal and it is wrong in a lot of areas i still found myselg glued to the screen wondering if he would get it going after landing on the roof, I also was watching with intent whether the battery would last. I have to admit I thought it was amazing and being afraid of heights it added a lot of tension as well.

Sorry, I'm not being the "drone police" but this was idiotic and careless on so many levels and also showed the "pilot's" lack of knowledge of his aircraft. Landing on that building reset the home point and he was having so much trouble regaining contact with the craft constantly. If he hadn't reestablished connection the RTH would have attempted to land it on the building, the new home point either from lost connection or critical battery level. It looks like he was fighting the new home point the whole way down. Also if the Mavic had fallen out of the sky at those heights and hit a pedestrian or a moving car on the freeway it probably would have killed someone. This kind of stunt and then posting on Youtube for everyone to see is what will inevitably lead to the hobby being severely restricted for all of us.

Well just another irresponsible and idiot "pilot" that spoil it all for the rest of us.

Probably most people are bother not because of what he did, most like it because of jealousy. Here you have so many rules that you even have issues if you want to fly on your own back yard. Well good for you man... awesome you go and do it again. Regardless of the “foggy” view I personally believe is an amazing video.

Reactions: Tony56
Sorry, I'm not being the "drone police" but this was idiotic and careless on so many levels and also showed the "pilot's" lack of knowledge of his aircraft. Landing on that building reset the home point and he was having so much trouble regaining contact with the craft constantly. If he hadn't reestablished connection the RTH would have attempted to land it on the building, the new home point either from lost connection or critical battery level. It looks like he was fighting the new home point the whole way down. Also if the Mavic had fallen out of the sky at those heights and hit a pedestrian or a moving car on the freeway it probably would have killed someone. This kind of stunt and then posting on Youtube for everyone to see is what will inevitably lead to the hobby being severely restricted for all of us.

You do realise it's China don't you, not New York? Since when did anyone make laws based on what happens in a country on the other side of the planet? They eat dogs there too you know, maybe they'll legalise that for you when they see it.

Reactions: Tony56
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11