DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying 1000m / 3000ft above Shanghai with landing on building

I agree with the mistake of landing on the building. It resets the Return To Home (RTH) point to the top of the building. He lost contact several times afterwards while in a battery warning mode. Even if he had it set to "hover", he was low on battery.

Regardless of the "rules", it's a total disregard for the safety of others. For those who say it's okay- would you want it falling on you or a loved one? (of course falling on an enemy might be okay : -)

Reactions: ylmavicpro
I agree with the mistake of landing on the building. It resets the Return To Home (RTH) point to the top of the building. He lost contact several times afterwards while in a battery warning mode. Even if he had it set to "hover", he was low on battery.

Regardless of the "rules", it's a total disregard for the safety of others. For those who say it's okay- would you want it falling on you or a loved one? (of course falling on an enemy might be okay : -)

Totally agree, I took a look at the second video on his channel were he appears to almost decapitate and then almost castrates himself with a hacked Mavic Air on what looks like a busy public beach area. I've reported both videos to you-tube as "dangerous acts". Enough reports and dislikes tends to sort things out, do feel free to join me. :)

The American pioneers certainly did some dangerous stuff. Now we have regulations and controlled test environment. It's much less risk for the public. Now the Chinese have their pioneers too. If China decided to curb their pioneers, they will be like the USA. We had our fun, our growth, and now it's time for the Chinese. Is it a coincident that DJI is a Chinese company? We will get time be the judge. For now, my thumbs up for the video. This is one thing I suggest the Chinese authorities not copy US rangers.

Reactions: Tony56
Also the antennas are on the legs so when vertically above the controller they are pointing straight at the controller resulting in a very low gain, increasing the probability of loosing RC with metal & concrete in the way.

I am raging! Not only because stunts like this makes authorities go harder on drone pilots, but mainly because my new mavic air can't even fly 20 meters out in the open without losing signal! Useless. And people are flying their drones 1km in a dense urban jungle. What's wrong with my drone!

Reactions: deskbound
I am raging! Not only because stunts like this makes authorities go harder on drone pilots, but mainly because my new mavic air can't even fly 20 meters out in the open without losing signal! Useless. And people are flying their drones 1km in a dense urban jungle. What's wrong with my drone!

his mav is prob modded and running a modded version of dji go that boosts wifi to max levels.if u want to fly farther than 20m test fly a mav pro u may prefer that model

Crappy weather or not; illegal or not; I couldn't stop watching it and probably showed more friends than any other drone video I've come across.

Reactions: genesimmons
Totally agree, I took a look at the second video on his channel were he appears to almost decapitate and then almost castrates himself with a hacked Mavic Air on what looks like a busy public beach area. I've reported both videos to you-tube as "dangerous acts". Enough reports and dislikes tends to sort things out, do feel free to join me. :)
Boooo

Reactions: genesimmons and JMF

Oh brother :(

Reactions: Fleek
his mav is prob modded and running a modded version of dji go that boosts wifi to max levels.if u want to fly farther than 20m test fly a mav pro u may prefer that model

Or maybe find out what is wrong with the drone. You don't not need to go to a Pro to go more than 20m.

the world needs more,,,,,,,stay the ,,,,uck out of my business if u dont like my vids dont watch" dont play god and ruin it for others that may like to watch his stuff, and if u still feel high and mighty and feel the need to be the "rat" then keep that info to yourself,,,,,, just sayin,,,,

Reactions: Bigloser2448

You are literally everything that is wrong with society today, if you don't like it, don't watch it. You just sound like a little ***** trying to rally up more little bitches to go on a full scale ***** fest. Some of us like to see these kind of videos, but you feel it's your place to stop me being able to see them. Go beat yourself off over a 50 page terms and conditions booklet or whatever it is you find fun

Thanks for all the quotes and just to give some clarification

I personally enjoyed the videos. However, it is becoming increasingly difficult for all of the drone community to find places to fly, there are more regulation, there's tougher enforcement etc etc. I'm English but I have live in Malaysia for over 10 years where one was able to fly freely, this was until some clown flew next to the flight-path of the International Airport and filmed aircraft on approach.

The drone pilot uploaded the video to face tube. It went viral. It got into the newspapers. There was a public out-cry. It went global. Drones pilots became seen as heinous individuals. The police investigated. Regulations changed, the pilot was traced and got 5 years in jail, enforcement was intensified, and now I can't fly anywhere legally without a permit from the authorities, which requires a flight plan to be submitted. This kind of kills the hobby.

My comments were not intended to be personal.

If people wish to make viral videos, try to make a stunning video that stays within the lines. If you want to do something that could have a negative effect on our hobby, try to keep it a private affair, and not something that the press can get hold of and cause even more problems for us the hobbyists and the drone community.

The reason I commented is to try to protect those of us who fly drones as a hobby from even tighter restrictions.

Peace, and fly safe.

Reactions: ylmavicpro
It's not a hacked MA. I can fly mine at 3,500ft distance by 390ft altitude at 5.8ghz, with 3 bars left on the signal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ