DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying 1000m / 3000ft above Shanghai with landing on building

Thwylo

What he did is illegal in Shanghai too, says it right in the title. "You do realise it's China don't you, not New York?"

They don't "Since when did anyone make laws based on what happens in a country on the other side of the planet?"

Huh? "They eat dogs there too you know, maybe they'll legalise that for you when they see it."

I bet it is a Mavic Air. look at the shadow when he lands it.

Great video!

All "violations" aside (LOL!), I can't believe the wind was that calm, even at altitude!

Would be awesome to see that on a clear day!

Reactions: Tony56
Whatever the rules are.... if any are broken he sure made their day capturing his own face and posting it. If there werent any such laws in Shannnnnnghai, i would still deem it pretty reckless and irresponsible for a dronepilot to do what he did. Losing connection time and time again and landing on what...... 3%.

You do realise it's China don't you, not New York? Since when did anyone make laws based on what happens in a country on the other side of the planet? They eat dogs there too you know, maybe they'll legalise that for you when they see it.
And where did I say anything about laws being broken? Read much? BTW, the original poster is the one that used the word "illegal" in his title. LOL

Reactions: Tony56
Sorry, I'm not being the "drone police" but this was idiotic and careless on so many levels and also showed the "pilot's" lack of knowledge of his aircraft. Landing on that building reset the home point and he was having so much trouble regaining contact with the craft constantly. If he hadn't reestablished connection the RTH would have attempted to land it on the building, the new home point either from lost connection or critical battery level. It looks like he was fighting the new home point the whole way down. Also if the Mavic had fallen out of the sky at those heights and hit a pedestrian or a moving car on the freeway it probably would have killed someone. This kind of stunt and then posting on Youtube for everyone to see is what will inevitably lead to the hobby being severely restricted for all of us.

"The hobby will be restricted" has been going on for as long as I remember and still hasn't happened, just as planned still aren't doing it the sky due to collisions. Just relax, the video was cool as ****

Reactions: Tony56 and bjohnson
the guy's biggest mistake wasn't the flight, it was showing his face at the end. There are people spending a lot of time in Chinese jails for a lot less than this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929