DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying a drone above bush fire ?

The link seems doesn't work.
We could use the the Google news and type : Robert Irwin Australia drone fire.
I hope google search it will work.

So it seems the owner of the land didn't ask for any firefighters or fire aircrafts to come and save the remote private bushland or forest and he just watch everything burn down, and since no human life is in danger , here is a chance to send a drone above and take some spectacular videos and photos and become the photographer of the year.

Reactions: dug611
Something weird in this story... it seems that the owner or the firefighters decided there is no point to save the burning land. Except if the owner ask for the firefighters to try to stop the fire. And then the firefighters will decide iif they will react or not. I guess it depends the extension and force of the fire. but really, could the owner say " don't bother with the burning bushland or forest in my private property...". This is sound weird...

Something weird in this story... it seems that the owner or the firefighters decided there is no point to save the burning land. Except if the owner ask for the firefighters to try to stop the fire. And then the firefighters will decide iif they will react or not. I guess it depends the extension and force of the fire. but really, could the owner say " don't bother with the burning bushland or forest in my private property...". This is sound weird...
The weird thing about the story is the fuss they made about nothing.
There are no firefighters or firefighting aircraft within hundreds of miles of the property.
It's 650 kilometres north of Cairns in the far north of Cape York Peninsula.
It's wilderness for hundreds of kilometres around and gets burned every year.

Last edited:
My thought is about who is making the decision to protect a burning forest or bushland. I believed that only the firefighters are the only ones who decide. Not the owners. I guess I am wrong.
And I am very sorry for everything is lost in Australia every year, whatever is human life, animals, properties or thousands of acres.
It is very stressful and dissapointing when we are unable to stop the disaster.

Please, if I am silly or ridiculous, delete this post.

Looks like just a control burn, we do them here every spring.

Reactions: Meta4
Very cool photo... but does violate VLOS. I don't see the harm as it was over private property but I do believe they are cutting Robert Irwin a break when he even says that the battery was running out by the time he reached the site with the drone.

I live in the bush. The area around my neighbourhood was on fire last year. I left work and drive all the way near my town and I couldn't have access to see if my house was on fire. I was watching smoke from miles away and I believed my house is burning. But strangely I accepted it. Because for long time I thought one day is going to happen . Even now. Every time the land gets dry and no rain , I am thinking just one accidental flame and everything will burn down. Everything has a life , a meaning, every tree, every bird, every insect, every animal, every human. I wish if there were no fires at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet