DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Flying Amongst the Rocks

Hi ddodell,
Excellent footage! I live in Tucson, AZ.
Is the area where you fly anywhere near Jomack Rd. in Scottsdale? I have a big native bee (Centris) nesting site (research study area) on private property along Jomack Rd. Just curious. There is also a country (?) park across the street but it is posted no drones so I haven't flown there.
Steve Buchmann (a UA prof).
[email protected]

It is close to that area, but east of Jomak by Thumbs Thumb which is part of the McDowell Mountain Preserve. Drones are not allowed to take off / land within the preserve, but I am operating outside of that area for landing - takeoff

Cool editing! What app did you use for that?

I lived in Scottsdale for over 30 years and used to hike and camp all over the area just north of where you took these great videos. One time (before the area got all developed) I climbed up a high flat top mesa just south of the road between Reata Pass and Rio Verde and came across four wild burros. It was pretty isolated, and I assume they were descendants of escaped burros from early prospectors.

I usually use iMovie for most of my editing, but this time I had purchased Filmora. I also have Final Cut Pro, but have not found it as intuitive to use, most likely since I only put a video together once every few weeks.

Great transitions! Love to hear how you did those if you would? Now just go for BIGGER rocks, working the altitude can be pretty cool too. Start low and fast with gimbal angled down to barely reveal the horizon then a smooth pull up or pull up coupled with gimbal up. . . orbit or slider too but be careful of those blind manuvers! Really appreciate the smooth video.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU