DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Flying Amongst the Rocks

ddodell

Reactions
My main flying area close to my house is Arizona desert, which gets boring at times ... however, there are some interesting rock formations ... decided to be a little more innovative and made a little video about flying amongst the rocks. Feedback and critique always appreciated ...

My main flying area close to my house is Arizona desert, which gets boring at times ... however, there are some interesting rock formations ... decided to be a little more innovative and made a little video about flying amongst the rocks. Feedback and critique always appreciated ...

Heck of a lot of rock, pretty cool video.

Reactions: ddodell
My main flying area close to my house is Arizona desert, which gets boring at times ... however, there are some interesting rock formations ... decided to be a little more innovative and made a little video about flying amongst the rocks. Feedback and critique always appreciated ..
Hi ddodell,
I like very much your video, I love the desertic landscape with those amazing rock formations. Very well done...Maybe I would have choosen an instrumental music which would fit better with the wide open space! The transitions looks god!
cheers Paul

Hi ddodell,
I found a music track that woul fit perfectly! ?

Hi ddodell,
I like very much your video, I love the desertic landscape with those amazing rock formations. Very well done...Maybe I would have choosen an instrumental music which would fit better with the wide open space! The transitions looks god!
cheers Paul

Thanks ... wanted something that was a little more energetic ... in my mind was trying to do some more FPV flying with a non-FPV drone ...

Great images - it looks as if perhaps early Indians stacked some of those rocks and boulders, most do not look natural.

Mike

The diversity of locations that get posted is very interesting to me. A video from Switzerland one day and then a video of the Arizona desert the next day. They are each beautiful in their own way.

Hi ddodell,
Excellent footage! I live in Tucson, AZ.
Is the area where you fly anywhere near Jomack Rd. in Scottsdale? I have a big native bee (Centris) nesting site (research study area) on private property along Jomack Rd. Just curious. There is also a country (?) park across the street but it is posted no drones so I haven't flown there.
Steve Buchmann (a UA prof).
[email protected]

Cool editing! What app did you use for that?

I lived in Scottsdale for over 30 years and used to hike and camp all over the area just north of where you took these great videos. One time (before the area got all developed) I climbed up a high flat top mesa just south of the road between Reata Pass and Rio Verde and came across four wild burros. It was pretty isolated, and I assume they were descendants of escaped burros from early prospectors.

Great transitions! Love to hear how you did those if you would? Now just go for BIGGER rocks, working the altitude can be pretty cool too. Start low and fast with gimbal angled down to barely reveal the horizon then a smooth pull up or pull up coupled with gimbal up. . . orbit or slider too but be careful of those blind manuvers! Really appreciate the smooth video.

Good video. How long did it take you to pile up all those rocks for that cool footage? :) Karlewski had some good suggestions. If you shoot there again, a shot looking straight down over a formation would look good too.

Daves right and reminded me of a favorite! It is tougher but a few practice runs and you'll nail it. Fly straight at your subject and as you get close smash full up while you tilt the gimbal down as you drift directly over the top. If you can keep the summit centered it looks AWESOME, tracking could work for this one too. I usually through in a slow rotation as I get higher for the icing! Check this one out!
An Out and back IN with a twist in the middle!

Great images - it looks as if perhaps early Indians stacked some of those rocks and boulders, most do not look natural.

Mike

Yes, I always see something in the formations ... many of them don't look natural, but they are

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78