DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying around big equipment to show how our city removes snow

WayNorth Enterprises

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
With that kind of back ground you could film the Garbage man coming and it would be nice.
Its a really nice show and tell , and following the truck was awesome.

Look forward to more of those mountain views

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow

Good morning everyone,

Being we are in the far North, we sent up the drone to fly around some big equipment that was removing show from the area. It was not a super cold morning, but it wasn't the easiest to fly the DJI Mavic Air 2 manually, while trying to not get to close.

What are your thoughts and feed back on this video.

DJI Mavic Air 2 | Cinematic 4k | Snow Removal Flight in Yukon's Wilderness City

All the best from the Yukon,
Thanks,
Cool video. I was pretty impressed by how large of an area they have to dump all of the snow. Very pretty part of the world.

If left how deep would the snow get?
Well we currently have about 3 feet of snow in the front and back yard, but compacted on the road over time would be 10 or 12 inches if they did not plow or take it away.

Good morning everyone,

Being we are in the far North, we sent up the drone to fly around some big equipment that was removing show from the area. It was not a super cold morning, but it wasn't the easiest to fly the DJI Mavic Air 2 manually, while trying to not get to close.

Thanks,
That was incredible. Great flying and the music fit it perfectly. Never thought of using the drone for this sort of thing.

Good morning everyone,

Thanks,
Your snow removal crews are so thoughtful! They plow the snow to the center, and then haul it off. Here in Colorado, they plow to the shoulder, leaving tall piles for homeowners to dig through for access to the street. Nice video!

Good morning everyone,

Hi WayNorth,
that is a very interesting video! What you mean by not super cold? minus 15?? There are tons of snow, wow! I never went to Whitehorse, unfortunately, because I love cold temperatures and the remote location!
cheers Paul

Cool video. Did you shoot in 1 or 2X mode under 4k? If only 1x, then you may want to try 2x and get in closer while still being far enough away from the action. I'm a bit like you, wanting to stay away from obstacles and such. A friend who has raced drones would be all over them within 20-30 feet; maybe less - but he is that good.

Went to WH on an Alaskan cruise a few years ago. Pretty nice, but much warmer in mid August.

Keep on flying. Maybe download the DJI simulator for more practice while it's so cold out and limited fly time until it warms up.

Good morning everyone,

Thanks,
Cool video, no pun intended. You think they could truck some of that down here to Florida, it's going to be 81 degrees here today.

Cool video. Did you shoot in 1 or 2X mode under 4k? If only 1x, then you may want to try 2x and get in closer while still being far enough away from the action. I'm a bit like you, wanting to stay away from obstacles and such. A friend who has raced drones would be all over them within 20-30 feet; maybe less - but he is that good.

Went to WH on an Alaskan cruise a few years ago. Pretty nice, but much warmer in mid August.

Keep on flying. Maybe download the DJI simulator for more practice while it's so cold out and limited fly time until it warms up.
We have not tried out the zoom yet, maybe next time...

Reactions: MindlessPursuit
Nice vid.

Thanks for sharing.

Extremely well done. I enjoyed everything about it. I wish they removed snow where I live, rather than just pow it to the side.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405