DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying around home

berwickgeek

Reactions
Hi - I want to get some aerial shots of my house in the suburbs. I feel like I'm good to go as far as CASA is concerned, should I just tell my neighbours as a courtesy or am I being paranoid? I'm concerned someone's going to have a whinge about a drone spying on them or something like that. Probably over thinking it.

Berwick is good to go by the looks, and as long as you don't hover above too long there are no privacy concerns.
From your perspective that is . . . as your immediate neighbours might not be aware of what you can (or rather can't) see, it might be an idea to at least talk to them.

A quick visit to your immediate neighbours and mention it, thinking about those on your actual boundaries sides and rear.
They are the ones that will possibly notice it.
Why not offer to take a couple of aerial snaps of their places for them while you're up there ?

The other thing is during working hours mid week, are most of them out ?
Always better to do such a thing in the quietest times for people and traffic.

Otherwise, if you do the whole operation within say 3 or 4 minutes, no one is going to be aware most likely.
Start up, all settings ready, up to best altitude for shots, take a few snaps, down.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929