DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying at high altitudes

• Thread starter Deleted member 65595
  • Start date
This has probably got a lot to do with the M2P's motors and prop's. The prop's on the M2P have a pitch of 4.3" while the standard Mav' Pro has 3.0" ... So the combination of more powerful motors and courser prop' pitch allow the Mav' 2 Pro to get higher.
If you were wanting to push the altitude on a MAvic [1] Pro, then one way to get there is to use more efficient and coarser prop's. The Master Airscrew 'Stealth' prop's supplied for Mavic Pro & Platinum, are 8344 (4.4" pitch) and therefore are pitched slightly more than the stock Mavic 2 Pro prop's. I'd not be at all surprised if they gave the Mav' Pro a bit more 'bite' at higher altitudes.

I live at about 3000m, so all my flights go up from there. I do get the "Max RPM" message quite often. I fly about 95% in the mountains. I'd say the most challenging aspect is the wind. They can vary greatly just a few hundred feet above the ground. Around here as a front passes, and the sky clears, the 75mph downsloping winds are not far behind. Wind will come out of nowhere in the mountains and can do very strange things.
yikes how do you breath there LOL I get really winded at 8000 ft

Top of Mt. Massive in Colorado last January, elevation 14,421. 3rd highest peak in the lower 48. Something like -20° Fahrenheit.

I’ve flown most of Colorado’s 14k peaks with M2P and P4P, very few issues, even in strong wind.

Attachments

• 73E75CDE-9FDF-4F27-8A95-406D88FD3B0A.jpeg
    73E75CDE-9FDF-4F27-8A95-406D88FD3B0A.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 35
Hello,

I've just "used" my dji Mavic air at around 5300m. First I had to calibrate the compass lots of times until it worked. When I launched the drone as soon as it went up a little bit it started to go down all by itself and I couldn't do anything to it.

I tried it there because i had seen some footage from that place but maybe they were using another drone.

Apparently for the M2 the highest altitude you should fly is 6000m. Does anybody know the DJI's Mavic air maximum altitude?

Reactions: Camalhao
Hello,

I've just "used" my dji Mavic air at around 5300m. First I had to calibrate the compass lots of times until it worked. When I launched the drone as soon as it went up a little bit it started to go down all by itself and I couldn't do anything to it.

I tried it there because i had seen some footage from that place but maybe they were using another drone.

Apparently for the M2 the highest altitude you should fly is 6000m. Does anybody know the DJI's Mavic air maximum altitude?
You had full left stick upwards and it wouldn't climb? Sport mode power meter at 100%?

Try the MA props.

You had full left stick upwards and it wouldn't climb? Sport mode power meter at 100%?

Try the MA props.

Yes, left stick upwards and it was going down. I didn't try it in sport mode. When I saw it only going down I decided to turn it off and pack it in my bag. Didn't want to hurt myself or somebody else in the middle of the mountain lol

This is incredible! Thanks for sharing
Top of Mt. Massive in Colorado last January, elevation 14,421. 3rd highest peak in the lower 48. Something like -20° Fahrenheit.

I’ve flown most of Colorado’s 14k peaks with M2P and P4P, very few issues, even in strong wind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore