DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying at night, as a recreation flyer ? USA.

MavPro72

Reactions
I was on YT and watched a video where the poster was doing a night comparison between a Mav 2 and a Zoom. He went on to say he's was flying as a recreational flyer and not monetizing his video, in order to stay within the FAA regulations.

Now we're in 2020, is this still the case ? I read the rules here and didn't see anything about not flying at night as a rec flyer Recreational Flyers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations I'm Part 107, but it would be nice to get some night footage. I just want to confirm that this is definitely the case and the rules haven't changed and i've just missed it. Truth be told i thought flying at night was a no go end of ! so excited to think i might be able to get some night footage.

I just want to confirm that this is definitely the case and the rules haven't changed and i've just missed it
The rules have not changed. There is no law that prohibits hobbyists from flying at night.

While I'm ALL for "comparing notes" keep in mind that the FAA will reject any obvious "canned replies" so if you do take suggestions from someone who has submitted do take the time to make it "your own" and more than just changing the name on the submission. It's just going to get harder and harder.

Reactions: Thomas B
While I'm ALL for "comparing notes" keep in mind that the FAA will reject any obvious "canned replies" so if you do take suggestions from someone who has submitted do take the time to make it "your own" and more than just changing the name on the submission. It's just going to get harder and harder.
And also remember that if you are granted a Daylight Waiver, be smart and follow exactly what you put in that waiver!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000