DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Close to Water

You don't need to fly that close to the water to get the shots you want. 5-6' is plenty low enough. The camera on the M2P always appears closer to the water surface than it is. The closer to the water (or ground) surface you fly, the more motion blur you're gonna see. Some motion blur is fine, but your video will probably look better at 10' and above.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I fly closely over water frequently with zero issues. The drone does not use any of the obstacle sensors to control height during normal flight, so you don't need to turn those off. As long as you're in VLOS you have little to worry about. If you're flying really close, I suggest raising the shutter speed a bit beyond the usual 2x FPS 'rule' or everything will be blurry unless you're moving very slowly.

Thanks everyone for all the responses, it is much appreciated :)

Things went well, although I chickened out and played it pretty safe and kept around 9 to 10ft above the water at a minimum.

In the footage it appears as though I'm lower than 10ft though, so the look I was going for worked fine, some responses I received mentioned that it would look lower and it certainly did :).

Cheers everyone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661