DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying fast and close to objects and obstacles

Thank ian for this educative video and advice. To help better non-native English speakers as me it will be nice to reduce the music background just a little. As you speak sometimes up to your last blow + mixed with the dubbing is barely impossible for me to get your words unless I replay 5 times the sequence ;)
Hi Bergumbira
I'm sorry about that and hadn't given that a thought. I have now enabled Closed Captions Subtitles that at least auto-generate English subtitles. These work fine for most of the video except the noisy first minute.
I'll also keep that in mind when editing the next video.
Cheers and happy flying

Ian in London

Reactions: Bergumbira
Don't mean to be rude but really? Youve made a video on how to fly like an idiot and cause an accident. Why would you risk your drone by flying so close to things? What is the point of this except to annoy people and make more people anti drone? how does this help anyone to fly like you in that video along the beach?

The purpose of these type of shots is for those who like are into videography and like to learn more advanced techniques, rather than just flying around the countryside or neighborhood. The extra work they put into it can make the difference to a customer who hires someone to make videos of their real estate, business, etc. And it could be the deciding factor on who they hire.

The purpose of these type of shots is for those who like are into videography and like to learn more advanced techniques, rather than just flying around the countryside or neighborhood. The extra work they put into it can make the difference to a customer who hires someone to make videos of their real estate, business, etc. And it could be the deciding factor on who they hire.
Exactly. I'm an amateur in every sense of the word. I bought my Mavic out of pure fascination for the technology. But I LOVE it when people take the time to post these sorts of tips because it suddenly spurs some creativity and shows me how to look more professional in everything I do with my drone even if it's just for family fun.

Ya..... I'm just going to leave this here
toolsd9xb3jjvz8pxvkj.gif

There is a difference between pilots honing skills and those flying wrecklessly. Flying over crowds is a problem. The car scene, the pilot was most likely a commercial pilot that was too close and paid for it with the cost of his camera. But he did react quickly minimizing further damage. The above posts showing techniques to get better video is fine. He practices safety. He is not over people or in hazardous areas. He should be praised for learning and improving his proficiency. And thanked for sharing his new knowledge.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Not sure of the relevance of this one to my video :) :) :)

Have to agree Ian your video shows how to get good shots with out putting any one in danger as it is how you set the shot up with a few little tricks and some editing it might look like your being reckless but actually quite the opposite safe and fun keep the good videos coming Ian there great to watch and learn from

Cheers David form Australia

Have to agree Ian your video shows how to get good shots with out putting any one in danger as it is how you set the shot up with a few little tricks and some editing it might look like your being reckless but actually quite the opposite safe and fun keep the good videos coming Ian there great to watch and learn from

Cheers David form Australia

That's exactly what I'm trying to show....
Cheers David. Will do.....

Ian.

@Wellsi, just let it roll off your back.

The consensus clearly is Thumbswayup -- take that to the bank.

Any time you go public with anything on a public forum, there will be things that crawl out of the woodwork to criticize. You could have been posting about saving a suffocating puppy from a closed car on a blazing hot day, and someone would pop up criticizing you for making the overpopulation of dogs worse.

The ankle-biters are annoying, but that's all they are.

Reactions: Turnerm
It's totally a non issue fella... I go by the comments on here and the video and genuinely do not worry about the odd bit of criticism. You can't please all the people all the time ... I just aim to amuse the majority......
:)

It's totally a non issue fella... I go by the comments on here and the video and genuinely do not worry about the odd bit of criticism. You can't please all the people all the time ... I just aim to amuse the majority......
:)
Just watch out if you save any puppies... :D

I apologize
the video's I posted was not meant as a dig to anyone.
I posted them simply as examples of drone going fast and getting too close.....C

Hi Wellsi. Thanks for sharing those techniques with us.
I wonder if you had the chance to experiment with "course lock" in achieving some similar shots. Being relatively new to the droning hobby I always keep forgetting about DJI providing us so many intelligent flight modes, that when I go out and fly, I basically stick to the "normal flight mode"and try to get my shots with that single mode. So, what would you think of using the course lock mode in some of these shots?

I apologize
the video's I posted was not meant as a dig to anyone.
I posted them simply as examples of drone going fast and getting too close.....C
Charlie; all good fun; not taken as dig and no worries at all :)

Hi Wellsi. Thanks for sharing those techniques with us.
I wonder if you had the chance to experiment with "course lock" in achieving some similar shots. Being relatively new to the droning hobby I always keep forgetting about DJI providing us so many intelligent flight modes, that when I go out and fly, I basically stick to the "normal flight mode"and try to get my shots with that single mode. So, what would you think of using the course lock mode in some of these shots?
You're right; course-lock would help considerably too, especially for sideways shots ... I'll have a play...... :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_