DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying from a boat

I can be more specific.

I'd stop the boat, for one thing. then, fly the drone normally until it's above you, and you're situated to grab it.

switch controller to one hand, and use your thumb on the left stick.

bring the drone down as I described.

once your other hand makes contact with the drone body, pull the left stick all the way down.

the motors will stop after 3 seconds.

and you now have caught a drone, and kept all of your fingers :)

The only sensible way to doit.

3 dots upper right. Half way down the page. Tap to update homepoint to where AC is at that moment. Not your location. You can even make homepoint on land by flying to it, look for a good spot, and make that your new homepoint. Or just keep updating new homepoint and set to hover. Makes water recovery more possible.
can you do thid with a wifi only ipad?
thank you, still learning

I enjoy reading posts about how not to do things stupidly after the fact. I thought I could set the home point to my position, but didn’t realize that neither the iPad or controller have GPS that makes that possible in the first place. A few other failsafe settings would have saved me a moment of panic. Looking hard at a floating wetsuit!

I'll get the low batt message and I'll stop and catch the drone instead of chasing it down the road to RTH point!
You could always disable the Smart RTH and it won’t RTH on low battery. But then you’ll have to watch for when it goes into auto landing. Better be close by so you can guide it to a good landing spot.

Reactions: Gringorio
Hand launch is the only real safe way for clearance and compass issues (same landing).
ATTI mode makes it easier if theres any boat motion but also be aware, if the speed is more than about 11kts, the drone will refuse to take off at all.

Reactions: Meta4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54