DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Albir, Spain

Abernus

Reactions
Hi all,

Looking for some advice. I am going to Albir in Spain soon and want to take my Mavic Pro with me. I am currently looking at the airline I am flying with for the transport of the batteries and it looks like I have that part sorted.

Now I know the regulation in the UK about the 400ft height, Line of sight, not flying close to airports etc. I assume that most of these apply in Spain as well. Is there anything else I should look in to/anything else I need to do before I just start to fly over there?

Thanks

The basic rules of flying drones in Spain:
Not within 150m of buildings (500ft)
Not within 50m of people (165ft)
No flying over 120m (400ft)
Within Visual Line Of Site 500m (1640ft)
Not within 5 miles of an airport
Not over the national parks

There are no airports, heliports, etc near Albir. The only place to watch is the Parque Natural de Serra Gelada to the South on the coast. Parque Naturals are out of bounds without authorisation. A permit is required to take a camera into Serra Gelada.

Albir is densely populated and the beaches are busy. So no flying over property or the beach. Safest places to fly are nearer the mountains. Check the terrain on Google maps.

I did my practical test in the mountains around Alicante. Go into the mountains to fly on occasion. If you go near the mountains take a suitable hat, water, sandwich and possibly some sunscreen.

Thanks for the informative response. Where we are staying it's going to be a 20 min walk to the cliffs by the sea (No beaches) and I should be able to fly there. However looking closely at the map the whole area appears to be a National Park. Looking like it's not going to be worth taking the Mavix with me.

Here is the area I was thinking of flying in Albir: Google Maps

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7