DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Bali - TERRIBLE RC signal

D

Deleted member 18259

I've been flying in Bali for about a week now and I can't take my drone any further that about 200-300 metres away and I've never had this issue before. Has anyone else had this issue in Bali or other countries? What may be the reason? It's not like there are huge telephone masts everywhere... Other than that its great flying here, the local people are really chilled out and are quite interested. Many look up and then just look away.

I was in Bali in November and took my Spark.
Once flying, I didn't have problems outside the limitations of the Sparks range and unreliable WiFi.

My issue was actually having to keep re-syncing the controller to drone.
I kept getting a message keep pop up on the app when I connected saying I need to accept the conditions of flying in a different country.
If I clicked "ok", It would disconnect the RC from drone.
If I just cancelled it, everything was ok.

I know that probably doesn't help much as this is for Mavic so may just be WiFi related but is there perhaps an issue because you are outside of your own country where you registered the drone?
Do you get any messages before flying?

You are right, the locals are very intetested in the drone and I had a couple of lads come over and wanted to be in the video's.

Great place!

What are you flying over? Makes a big difference if you LOS is obstructed.

Personally if it were me in Bali, I would be chillin and watching the waves.

Rice fields with some 1 storey high buildings, really nothing much at all! Flying in Ubud over the buildings was actually a bit better. I wonder if it is the climatic conditions, humidity? The range in the UK is so much better.

Don't worry, i'm doing plenty of chilling here! And eating... drinking...

I was in Bali in November and took my Spark.
Once flying, I didn't have problems outside the limitations of the Sparks range and unreliable WiFi.

My issue was actually having to keep re-syncing the controller to drone.
I kept getting a message keep pop up on the app when I connected saying I need to accept the conditions of flying in a different country.
If I clicked "ok", It would disconnect the RC from drone.
If I just cancelled it, everything was ok.

I know that probably doesn't help much as this is for Mavic so may just be WiFi related but is there perhaps an issue because you are outside of your own country where you registered the drone?
Do you get any messages before flying?

You are right, the locals are very intetested in the drone and I had a couple of lads come over and wanted to be in the video's.

Great place!

Hey, thanks for the reply. I've had that happy to me only once and i just OK'd it, nothing since. Hopefully it doesn't reocurr... Have you had it anywhere else?

I had a guy come and ask if I could fly it over his house and then wanted me to see if i could fly it int!

Hey, thanks for the reply. I've had that happy to me only once and i just OK'd it, nothing since. Hopefully it doesn't reocurr... Have you had it anywhere else?

I had a guy come and ask if I could fly it over his house and then wanted me to see if i could fly it int!

I went to Cambodia before Bali and that's where it initially happened.
Wasn't till I got to Bali that found a solution over at SparkPilots.

Not had the problem in UK.

Like I said, it was ok-ing the message that caused the problem. Ignoring it worked.

When you say you can't go further than 200-300 meters, what do you mean?

Are you losing the feed to your mobile or from RC to drone?
What's actually happening when you try going further?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98