DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Clayton

Cflaque

Reactions
Hello
The week of June 5 I go to Clayton for work and since I will have 2 days of partying I wanted to take the drone to do some flights.
I'm from Barcelona Spain.
I will have a problem in Customs What do I have to do? Just register in the FAA and pay?

Thank you.

You only have to be registered before flying (not entering the US). Once you get to the US, you can register on the FAA's site here.

Ok Thanks,
And the Clayton area in North Carolina, can you fly without problem?
What app do you use to know the flight zones? In Spain for example is Enaire.drone.es

AirMap has a nice app. You can also view the zones on their website here.

Sorry,
I just changed the place where I will be staying.
It's still in NC, but as you see in the photo, the black dot.
I do not just understand the maps these, it means that as a recrative I can fly?

Thank you

AirMap says it's Class C airspace----no go for a recreational pilot

In the US I do not know, but here in Spain Airmap we can not trust, because there is a site that tells you that you can fly and you really can not and sometimes the other way around too.
The image that I have passed is from the official FAA website ... that exactly means that it is possible? I also read that there are blue circles ... just the whole area is a blue circle below ...

As it stands right now, July 9th, 2019, a hobby/recreational pilot can NOT fly in controlled airspace unless you are flying at a previously approved flying site. From the grid you showed there are none in that immediate area so you're out of luck. If you desire to fly you'll need to get outside of Controlled Airspace and then you need to be very careful about other aircraft in that area.

The Raleigh/Durham area is a hard one to fly in SAFELY because there is a crap load of air traffic (private, Commercial, Private Corp, and MediVac) active in that area and lower altitudes can get busy. You might be better off searching for experienced operators in that area who can pinpoint Legal and Safe places to fly. That's a very congested area to say the least.

But if I go to an area out of control if I can not? It's because I've seen that I have some area nearby.
Been checking both the official FAA website that tells you where you can fly, also in AirMap and in the GeoI area of DJI ... What I have done is to know that the area I sent you is only for Part107.
thanks

But if I go to an area out of control if I can not? It's because I've seen that I have some area nearby.
Been checking both the official FAA website that tells you where you can fly, also in AirMap and in the GeoI area of DJI ... What I have done is to know that the area I sent you is only for Part107.
thanks

Your post #6 has an image that is about as OFFICIAL as you can get. It's an FAA Facility Map which, the only thing I would consider more accurate it to get an actual FAA Sectional Map and learn to read the airspace. What you'll see if that it will match up pretty much to the FAA Facility Map which is "just" for Part 107.

As a side note, after May 2019 those altitudes also apply to Hobby/Recreational Operators ONCE they are allowed to fly there. As of right now (this may change in a few weeks) Hobby/Recreational are not able to get Authorization to fly in the gridded areas. So in those "Controlled Airspace" you can only fly in the areas with the Blue Circle which there are none in that area right now.

You'll need to find an area to fly that is NOT in controlled airspace and then fly safely.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD