DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Croatia/Slovenia

Red_Pyro

Reactions
Hello lovely people,

I will be going on vacation this summer in Croatia and Slovenia and ofc plan to fly my mavic mini around. However, official informations regarding rules are not always clear on the web to which I would like to ask you 2 questions:

Are there any particular rules I should be aware of apart from standard EU rules ?
Does any of you know where I can find some geodatata to import on google earth or an official map with restricted zones of Croatia ?

Thanks a lot

Hello lovely people,

I will be going on vacation this summer in Croatia and Slovenia and ofc plan to fly my mavic mini around. However, official informations regarding rules are not always clear on the web to which I would like to ask you 2 questions:

Are there any particular rules I should be aware of apart from standard EU rules ?
Does any of you know where I can find some geodatata to import on google earth or an official map with restricted zones of Croatia ?

Thanks a lot
Najava zakonskih promjena za letenje dronovima na području EU

I'm from Croatia, you must follow standard EU rules, as i know there is no map od restricted zones but i will ask someone and reply after i get the answer.

Reactions: Red_Pyro
I always Google before going

Hello lovely people,

Thanks a lot

Plitvice Lakes National Park is gorgeous.​

Don't miss it. probably no drones, but hand held videos with iPhone or gimbal would be great. Lots of opportunities for slow water (10 stop ND filter) shot. It's a bit out of the way if you are heading from Zagreb to the coast but worth the day. Croatia is like Italy before the tourists discovered it. Great sea food, outdoor dining, etc. Great historic buildings.
Here is a suggested itinerary. I would also strongly recommend going across border to Ljubijana and Lake Bled, one of the most beautiful sights in the world. Be sure to see Rovinj. Like Venice. Also don't miss Hvar near Korcula. See my map.

Dale
MiamiLake Bled-Julian Alps-SloveniaDSC_3456.jpgLake Bled-DSC_3442.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 2.44.38 PM.png
Hello lovely people,

Thanks a lot

Reactions: Thomas B

Plitvice Lakes National Park is gorgeous.​

Don't miss it. probably no drones, but hand held videos with iPhone or gimbal would be great. Lots of opportunities for slow water (10 stop ND filter) shot. It's a bit out of the way if you are heading from Zagreb to the coast but worth the day. Croatia is like Italy before the tourists discovered it. Great sea food, outdoor dining, etc. Great historic buildings.
Here is a suggested itinerary. I would also strongly recommend going across border to Ljubijana and Lake Bled, one of the most beautiful sights in the world. Be sure to see Rovinj. Like Venice. Also don't miss Hvar near Korcula. See my map.

Dale
MiamiView attachment 130372View attachment 130373
View attachment 130371
Thank your for your answer. I'll spend 3 weeks in Slovenia with a local, she has many places we will go, Lake Bled being one of it ! :). However, it's time I invest in some nd filters, thanks for reminding me.

do you know how regularly updated this website is ? It doesn't seem to tell me more than standard flying rules
I Googled "Drone flying, Croatia" and got many results- it appears very legal to fly there with the usual precautions. Just Google it and find out.

Reactions: Thomas B
Just found this site:

That shows maps with some shaded zones.

However, according to this web page, if your drone has a camera, you have to get explicit permission from a different agency.

The rules described so far relate solely to flying a drone in Croatia. But if you want to take aerial photos and videos with your drone, then you also need a permit from the State Geodetic Administration (SGA, contact [email protected]). The applications are treated very differently, and so far it has not been possible to determine the criteria for the approval of the authority.

At first there was a slight glimmer of hope in 2019 when a new decree on aerial photography was passed, which allowed recordings on the company’s own property. This was replaced by a new decree in July 2020 , which worded it a little differently (automatic translation):

(1) Targeted air surveys in isolated locations and buildings that are carried out exclusively for the needs of the owner or user can be carried out by unmanned aerial vehicle systems without the authorization of the air survey.
This means that holidaymakers in Croatia are prohibited from taking pictures with a camera drone. Several readers of our blog have already reported in the comments about answers like this from the SGA.

Some more info here with links:

Before, we used to see them in action movies only, and today everyone uses drones: from amateurs to professionals. Although they are fun, useful and versatile, unmanned aircraft systems or the so-called drones, are not harmless. That is why their operations should be reported through established procedures.

Concise instructions for remote operators and pilots are available on the Croatian Civil Aviation Agency’s website.

The requirements for aerial photography flights are defined by the Regulation on Aerial Photography. Please contact the State Geodetic Administration for further instructions.

The automated procedure for the establishment of an ad hoc structure (5 minutes before activity start) is applied if the flights are conducted:

• in uncontrolled airspace up to 120 m above ground level
  • in controlled airspace outside the radius of 5 km from the aerodrome reference point, up to 50 m above ground level.
The automated procedure for the establishment of an ad hoc structure for obtaining a real-time approval on the day of activity is available via the AMC Portal Mobile application in three simple steps:

• Sign up with the Croatian Civil Aviation Agency’s unmanned aircraft system operators register.
  • Download the app from Google Play or App Store to your smartphone.
The regular procedure for the establishment of an ad hoc structure (7 working days before activity start) is applied if the flights are conducted:

• in uncontrolled airspace over 120 m above ground level
  • in controlled airspace within the radius of 5 km from the aerodrome reference point and/or
  • in controlled airspace over 50 m above ground level.
For the regular procedure, fill in the form and submit it via the AMC Portal 7 working days before the planned activity.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent