DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Disney

caleb1

Reactions
I am aware that there is a TFR over Disney property, but I am wondering if anyone knows if disney sells any kind of permit to allow me to fly my drone? I will fly it below the height of the highest tree, so it shouldn't interfere with other air traffic. This would be on the fort wilderness campground, not the parks.

FYI This is the Disney World in Florida, not California.

Thanks.

Disney doesn't control the airspace and thus cannot issue any permits allowing anyone to fly there. In fact the NFZ is so tight that Disney can't even fly there. When I was down there a year ago I was talking with someone that worked there and they said that Disney was trying to get an waiver so they could use swarm drones in some of the light shows, but as of yet I don't think they have gotten the waiver. When Disney asked the FAA to put that in place seems they didn't have the foresight to know that Drones would become something they wanted to use in the park. Technically though that NFZ doesn't cover every single bit of Disney Property, there are some of the resort areas that are outside of the NFZ. Disney did do a holiday show with a swarm a few years back over in Disney Springs. Sarasota Springs, Disney Springs, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Hollywood Studios, Wide World of Sports, parts of Old Key West and most of Animal Kingdom are outside the NFZ. That doesn't mean though that you can fly there. Disney strictly forbids drones in the parks or resorts and if you get caught, at minimum you would be thrown off the property but I highly suspect you would get more than just that.

I am aware that there is a TFR over Disney property, but I am wondering if anyone knows if disney sells any kind of permit to allow me to fly my drone? I will fly it below the height of the highest tree, so it shouldn't interfere with other air traffic. This would be on the fort wilderness campground, not the parks.

Thanks.
Almost like the 11th commanment - tho shall not!

my moms house is 3 miles away form disny and i cant fly in her living room because of it,,, oh wait i have nolimit drones installed so i can fly in my living room and on my property. screw disny i would want to fly there any way.just annoying to get bricked by a privet pedo factory.

LOL, good luck with that, Disney is way too far left !

Disney applied for a waiver to fly over their own property and were DENIED !!!

They are the only private entity that has been able to ge the public airspace over their property shut down to every form of aviation.

The FAA should immediately revoke the "TFR" IMHO

Thanks.
California is Disney Land and Florida is Disney World and no one, be it a GA pilot or commercial pilot or a simple drone flyer, will ever get permission to overfly any of their properties, plus they are fiercly protective of any of their property including images of their characters, being used anywhere.

Disney is crystal clear and even hand out flyers in Fort Wilderness NO DRONES. I was tempted during a very recent visit because how would they know if you fly high. I fought the urge along with the advice from my wife and kids if we got kicked out because I was stubborn. Not worth the risk.

Maybe you saw the recent story of the guy that was banned from all Disney properties because he held up a sign TRUMP 2020 on one of their rides? Stone Mountain? He was warned prior. I plan to go back and wouldn't want to jeopardize my families happiness over pettiness.

Reactions: caleb1
my issue is not with them having a" permanent temporary flight restriction" over their property. what galls me is not being able to fly in my yard three miles away. at first i though it was the fire works show every night. so i got on the roof and held my bricked mavic and videoed the fire works, then i realized i would only be promoting the pedo farm if i posted it. some battles you win by not fighting.i certainly would buy any of the videos or take my kids there. vote with your wallet.

Reactions: caleb1 and LAZRTX
my issue is not with them having a" permanent temporary flight restriction" over their property. what galls me is not being able to fly in my yard three miles away. at first i though it was the fire works show every night. so i got on the roof and held my bricked mavic and videoed the fire works, then i realized i would only be promoting the pedo farm if i posted it. some battles you win by not fighting.i certainly would buy any of the videos or take my kids there. vote with your wallet.

but this isn't Disney fault. Its the way flight restrictions work and the FAA, they always have a radius that extend out from a point. Also, disney did complete their waiver to fly drones over their property, in WDW they already have a drone show and one will be used in DLR soon. see their TFR info, it now contains the exception line "FLIGHTS CONDUCTED FOR OPERATIONAL PURPOSES OF ANY DISNEYLAND EVENT AND VENUE ARE AUTHORIZED" , as for your political commentary on a drone focused site...sigh....

Reactions: caleb1 and LAZRTX
kissmybrass, Believe me, I am as against pedo culture as much as the next guy but after spending three weeks at WDW there is no such thing going on and I look for it and talk the talk. I've never seen so much Camo in my life as I saw in FW. Pure, bold, Americans that love their kids and would do ANYTHING to protect them.
So drop the nonsense. I don't support WDW, I support my family, my family says they want WDW, they get WDW. Period. And I saw and spoke to hundreds of families that say and were doing the same thing. Many were evacuees from huricane Florence. You don't participate, fine, one less yahoo to stand in line behind.

Reactions: 2nckayakers
To add, many of the evacuee families had lost everything. They chose to come to WDW to have fun with their familes until they were allowed to return to pick up whats left.

ummm, you said you would buy the videos.

Reactions: caleb1
Maybe you saw the recent story of the guy that was banned from all Disney properties because he held up a sign TRUMP 2020 on one of their rides? Stone Mountain? He was warned prior. I plan to go back and wouldn't want to jeopardize my families happiness over pettiness.
Theres to many other good theme parks, jeopardize your families happiness OMG screw Disney I wouldn't give thm a dime . stuck up snobs. Go to six flag or something.

Reactions: kissmybrass and JMF
Theres to many other good theme parks, jeopardize your families happiness OMG screw Disney I wouldn't give thm a dime . stuck up snobs. Go to six flag or something.[/QUOT
No difference between Disney and Six Flags as far as your issue goes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98