DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Mainland China

David62277

Reactions
I am headed to China at the end of August, and I want to do some filming at the Great Wall. From what I can tell the area I'll visit won't be in the NFZ, but I have read that you have to jump through some hoops in order to fly. I have read quite a few posts about the DJI app asking for a Chinese phone number in order to register. That shouldn't be a problem as we always get a local SIM when traveling, but I have seen other posts stating that you have to fill out this form on the CAAC website (which is all in Chinese of course).
Do I have to print out the instructions to fill out these forms (as I can't read Chinese), or does the DJI Go app take care of that for me if I punch in a Chinese phone number?

Thanks!

In May I saw a guy flying a Mavic near Jiankou (near Mutianyu). Our guide said that was not allowed. As well the Shanhaiguan area was also not allowed. Officially at least. So it is possible if not 100% legal.

In May I saw a guy flying a Mavic near Jiankou (near Mutianyu). Our guide said that was not allowed. As well the Shanhaiguan area was also not allowed. Officially at least. So it is possible if not 100% legal.
From what I am reading there are set NFZs and your DJI drone will not even lift off if you are in one. Outside of those, assuming you have jumped through the hoops (which those hoops I am trying to get clarification on), you are allowed to fly even if locals say you can't (though you should try to avoid flying around a lot of people).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+