DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in restricted areas?

That would be the B4Ufly app from the FAA, it does work pretty well in my area. Shows a map with restrictions and also information on local flight issues, uses your GPS location for specific location information. I use it every time I fly in a new spot. Has a flight planer and gived detailed info on possible flight restrictions.

No it is a different system. It allows user to notify the FAA before you fly in restricted airspace. They are trying to relieve the towers from the responsibility.

No it is a different system. It allows user to notify the FAA before you fly in restricted airspace. They are trying to relieve the towers from the responsibility.
Oh, OK, do you know if that will be in the form of a phone app, or will we have to log in to a website. Seems an app would be much easier and faster.

I don't fly in restricted areas. You will have to go to the FAA site for more information.
I don't either, isn't that the entire purpose of an app or site? to let you know if you are in a restricted area? Not all of them are listed in the DJI Go app.

That's the thing.
My RC tablet says I'm flying in a restricted area, but the P3 flies.
Before you fly app shows 2 big yellow circles.
The DJI, (Geofence), NoFly app, just shows blue circles.

As I understand it (and I'm new here and still waiting on my first drone to arrive, so correct me if I'm wrong) the requirement is to "notify" them. You aren't asking for clearance, you are simply notifying them that below 400ft and you will be operating a drone in a certain area so that if traffic radios in that they see you they can relay back that they know you are there and that you are obviously aware of the requirements.

If the airfield has asked you not to call that means that they have taken it as read that you frequently operate in the area and are aware of the restrictions. If they tell you that you don't need to call anymore just make a note of the date and time and who you spoke to (you might even ask for it in writing).

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots