DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying In The Bahamas

nfarruggio

Reactions
Hello, I am planning on bring my Mavic 2 Zoom to Nassau when I visit in a few weeks. I just submitted my application to the Bahamas CAA to get a permit. I was wondering if anyone could share their experience going through customs with the drone. I'd rather not have to pay the deposit of 50% the drone's value. Is this easily avoidable? If not, what is the recommended means of paying?

Thanks in advance!

• Wow
Reactions: tlswift58
Hello, I am planning on bring my Mavic 2 Zoom to Nassau when I visit in a few weeks. I just submitted my application to the Bahamas CAA to get a permit. I was wondering if anyone could share their experience going through customs with the drone. I'd rather not have to pay the deposit of 50% the drone's value. Is this easily avoidable? If not, what is the recommended means of paying?

Thanks in advance!
Deposit? I would hope if you take it back out and did not sell it (that is probably the reason for it) - you'd get it refunded. Credit Card for sure if they take it.

This is old i know but I am in the middle of requesting my permit from CAA-B in the bahamas and the person who replied is named Henry Miller and the information you'll need once you complete the online registration at: Drone Registration – Civil Aviation Authority Bahamas

is the following:

• The intended purpose for the use of your drone while in the Bahamas (recreational or commercial)
  • Arrival and departure dates
  • Location of drone operations (Island)
  • An attached copy of your country’s Drone Registration Certificate/License or equivalent (if applicable) if your drone weighs more than 249g
  • Scanned Copy of Passport photo page
  • Complete mailing address
Also, his email noted the following about that potential 50% deposit:

• The Civil Aviation Authority of The Bahamas (CAA-B) will require at least five (5) business days to complete your drone authorization request. Additionally, if your drone is being used for non-commercial purposes, you will not be required to make payment upon entry into the country. Please note that The Bahamas Customs Department is a separate government agency which is governed by its’ own rules and regulations, hence, there may be additional protocols that you may be required to comply with upon your arrival into the country regarding your drone.
Hope this helps anyone else in future!

Reactions: Swing4TheRing

Did you go and any issues?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82