DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in the Florida Keys ?

SvenG

Reactions
We're driving down to the Florida Keys over the next few days and I'm wondering if we should bring Mavica ?

I know at least some Florida areas require property owners permission before you can take off but I'm wondering if parks and airports will make flying there practically impossible even if we have permissions from owners ?

Any insights will be appreciated.

-Sven

Seems like if you're driving, pull over before you get to the ''danger zone" and fly that bird! Lots of beautiful places before you hit the armpit of Florida. Oh! No I didn't!

Reactions: badgenes
The Florida legislature took control of Drone legislation last year. No city or municipality can enforce any laws concerning the flying of drones.
There are airports all throughout the keys so just check your airmap and follow the general rules and you will be fine.

Reactions: SvenG and Zyskman78
The Florida legislature took control of Drone legislation last year. No city or municipality can enforce any laws concerning the flying of drones.
There are airports all throughout the keys so just check your airmap and follow the general rules and you will be fine.

That I can certainly live with. I'm surprised I hadn't come across the change but will definitely follow up.

Many thanks !

-Sven

Mavic won't take space in your vehicle. I know I would take it. I flew my bird in Miami beach with no problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique