DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying In The Olympic Peninsula (WA)

GeekAthair

Reactions
I have an anniversary trip coming up in May with my beautiful bride and will be staying in the Forks area for 2 nights. I know Most of the coastline is protected and off-limits from Queets up to Neah Bay and the National Park land is entirely off-limits but if I understand correctly, National Forests are clear? Any idea about La Push or Shipwreck Point? Neither seems to be a part of the National Olympic Marine Sanctuary. As for Neah Bay and Cape Flattery, would I need to contact tribal offices to get permission to fly, or are they covered by the NOMS boundaries as well?

I am just trying to make sure I have a clear plan in place for where I will be able to fly so we can plan our trip out accordingly. Thank you!

In general National Forests are clear other than Wilderness.

Some NF have local restrictions, but I don’t see any on the Forest Orders page.

I’m not familiar with reservation rules, and would want to check locally.

La Push is part of the Quileute tribal reservation so that area would have its own rules. I don't see any mention of drones on the Quileute tribe web page but you may want to check with someone there.

La Push is part of the Quileute tribal reservation so that area would have its own rules. I don't see any mention of drones on the Quileute tribe web page but you may want to check with someone there.
Thank you! I understand the FAA still controls the airspace above tribal land but want to make sure I respect their local wishes as well. Just reached out and will post here when I hear back.

Just heard back from the Quileute tribal media contact person and they said drones are not allowed on Tribal land. I'll be reaching out to the Makah Nation about Cape Flattery.

Reactions: AlanL

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22