DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in the Rain and Lightning - Mavic Pro UK

South-West-Skies

Reactions
Here in the UK we get a fair bit of damp weather and rain, I appreciate the advice from DJI is not to fly in the rain or damp weather.

Anyone know the likely issues or effects of flying in rain and bad weather.

I have always thought it would be interesting to fly during a lightning storm in the distance and film it, anyone ever done this ?

Regards
T

It would be best to keep it dry. Fresh water does not have much conductivity but it may not take much to screw up the circuitry and even fresh water will leave residue when it dries, slowly gunking up the works. As for lightning pics, you will need to weed out the lightning cable posts but there is this: Search results for query: lightning

Here in the UK we get a fair bit of damp weather and rain, I appreciate the advice from DJI is not to fly in the rain or damp weather.

Anyone know the likely issues or effects of flying in rain and bad weather.

I have always thought it would be interesting to fly during a lightning storm in the distance and film it, anyone ever done this ?

Regards
T

Phantomrain.org is dedicated to Gear to allow your drone to fly in the rain.

We offer the Mavic Wet Suits for the Mavic 2 and the Mavic Pro and Mavic Enterprise.

The camera is well protected but we recommend you program the D key to shake the gimbal down fast , that will get any drops that might have gotten on the lens. We have a ton of videos on the website but this was the last flight we took a few days ago.

• Wow
Reactions: WAXMAN
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada