DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying inside the city

Like I said before, the sentence is actually one year in county jail and $5,000 fine. He only has to spend 30 days in jail and pay $500 now. But, if he is caught doing anything else illegal over the next 2 years, he will be sent back for the full year and fined the full $5,000. I think it would be a devastating hit for average person.

The guy you are talking about took off from the middle of a crowded parade and proceeded to crash into a crowd of lawyers then fled the scene. I routinely push the "guidelines" flying from my downtown high rise rooftop and am not one to point fingers at others but this guy was a moron and deserves what he got. Why he thought that was a good idea is beyond me.

More likely the penny would be disformed than ever sink into concrete!
That is a very old and debunked meme.

The principal problem in downtown flying is loss of signal when behind a building or other obstacle. Here's a solution, which I've used successfully:

Use Litchi instead of Go4. Design and save your mission in Litchi, including Waypoints, Points Of Interest, altitudes, speeds, and gimbal angles. Then when you fly your mission, your Drone with complete the mission and RTH even if signal is lost. You can test fly your mission beforehand using VLM and Google Earth.

Practice first with a simple mission with continuous LOS to test your skill at mission planning. Try turning off your controller mid-flight and watch the Drone continue and RTH.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki