DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying lately in a very low speed...

virasMavic

Reactions
Good morning...Merry Christmas!!!
I need some help...
I have my Mavic Pro set in Intelligent Modes but lately, it seems like flying in Tripod mode constantly, ....a very low speed. Is it possible that Tripod mode is locked somehow? ..as if I did not disengage it in a previews use?
Thank you...

Mavic Pro, or Mavic 2 Pro??? The latest Mavic 2 Pro's have a 3-position switch on the side of the controller. If you have a 2 Pro - it's possible that this switch has been left in the 'T' (i.e. Tripod) mode????
TPS.JPG

Reactions: virasMavic and rfc
No, it is Mavic Pro. The speed in P-mode is almost 2,5m/sec and in S-mode, is almost 17m/sec.
Hmmm - you need to check your control stick Expo settings ... It almost sounds like they have been dialled right down somehow?
Here's a reference video that can show you where to look ...

No, it is Mavic Pro. The speed in P-mode is almost 2,5m/sec and in S-mode, is almost 17m/sec.
Your S-Mode speed sounds about right - as that's about 38 miles per hour. I do think 2.5 m/sec (5.5 miles per hour) is a bit slow in P-Mode however ... Check the Expo settings as above.

Other forums report that Mavic Pro P-Mode should get between 20 & 30 miles per hour (around 12 m/sec).

Other forums report that Mavic Pro P-Mode should get between 20 & 30 miles per hour (around 12 m/sec).
The Expo settings are fine since I did reset them before. About the speed in P-mode, I do know that it was quite faster. I do not know if this has to do with a crash I had a month ago.
By the way, is it possible to find something in the log files?

Good morning,
About my P-mode issue, I did some downgrade and then upgrade to the latest version of the App on the RC. Then, I tried to fly once more with the sensors off and it was flying great, almost 50km/h. I also tried S-mode and it reached easily 60km/m but I did not push it further because I had no vision.
I tried to engage sensors and in P-mode, the speed dropped again as in TRIPOD mode.
So, any idea? Is the sensors my problem?
Thank you,
Have a great day!!!

Good morning,
About my P-mode issue, I did some downgrade and then upgrade to the latest version of the App on the RC. Then, I tried to fly once more with the sensors off and it was flying great, almost 50km/h. I also tried S-mode and it reached easily 60km/m but I did not push it further because I had no vision.
I tried to engage sensors and in P-mode, the speed dropped again as in TRIPOD mode.
So, any idea? Is the sensors my problem?
Thank you,
Have a great day!!!
May be a stupid question - but have you checked that your sensors all have the little disk of protective transparent plastic taken off them?

Reactions: virasMavic
Ok ... Running out of ideas then. Are you saying that if you turn your sensors off, you get the correct speeds??

Ok ... Running out of ideas then. Are you saying that if you turn your sensors off, you get the correct speeds??
Good afternoon,
Tomorrow, I will definitely check once more the exact readings about speed, because I am not sure that when I turn off the sensors, it flies in P-mode, since the speed readings are quite high.
Maybe, there is not at all P-mode anymore. What can I say!!!
As I mentioned, in supposed P-mode with the sensors ON, it flies so slow....
It happens for the last three or four flights and next to a crash I had.

Good afternoon,
Tomorrow, I will definitely check once more the exact readings about speed, because I am not sure that when I turn off the sensors, it flies in P-mode, since the speed readings are quite high.
Maybe, there is not at all P-mode anymore. What can I say!!!
As I mentioned, in supposed P-mode with the sensors ON, it flies so slow....
It happens for the last three or four flights and next to a crash I had.
Hi again,
As promised, as soon as the rain stopped, I checked again my Mavic Pro's speed issue. It is 100% accurate that in P-mode with obstacle sensors on, the drone flies forward with max speed of 5,0km/h and flying backwards, with a speed of almost 12km/h. If I will disable the obstacle sensors, the speed is almost 36km/h and in Sports mode, it goes a bit more than 60km/h depending on the wind.
Sorry if it sounds crazy, but this is how it is. I run Gimbal, IMU and Compass calibration many times and I receive no warnings. Everything is ok.
I thought at least, that I would receive a message on the screen or something in the warning's list but no.
Thank you for trying to help....wish you a very happy New Year!!!

Hi again,
As promised, as soon as the rain stopped, I checked again my Mavic Pro's speed issue. It is 100% accurate that in P-mode with obstacle sensors on, the drone flies forward with max speed of 5,0km/h and flying backwards, with a speed of almost 12km/h. If I will disable the obstacle sensors, the speed is almost 36km/h and in Sports mode, it goes a bit more than 60km/h depending on the wind.
Sorry if it sounds crazy, but this is how it is. I run Gimbal, IMU and Compass calibration many times and I receive no warnings. Everything is ok.
I thought at least, that I would receive a message on the screen or something in the warning's list but no.
Thank you for trying to help....wish you a very happy New Year!!!

How long have you owned the drone? If there is a chance it could be a manufacturer defect maybe contact DJI?

Reactions: virasMavic
Good morning from Greece,
I bought it brand new, the 30th of August. I experience this speed issue, from the first flights of December.
I have tried any kind of reset in factory defaults, but it is not working. In P-mode with sensors on, it flies by 6,0km/h in forward motion and almost the double in the other three directions. If I will turn off the sensors (front obstacle avoidance), it flies even by 50km/h and in Sport mode, up to 63km/h.
The sensors seem to work fine as I tested them but maybe, they are a bit reluctant some times....
I will try to contact Dji.
Have a happy New Year!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke