DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Flying low over a river on a holiday town with my Air2 in El Trapiche, San Luis, Argentina

Korrd

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
This one took me long enough to edit.
Did a few shots while testing the avoidance sensors of my air2, and this is the result.

Enjoy!

This one took me long enough to edit.
Did a few shots while testing the avoidance sensors of my air2, and this is the result.

Enjoy!
Well done video. This looks like it runs through a park. I would love to explore this with Goggle Earth. Thanks

Thank you all.
Like & subscribe (? hahah.

Yeah. That town, while small, is quite pretty and peaceful. Also, lots of places around to fly. Got like 250 GiB of raw video still in my pipeline for creating new content.

This was my first time flying so low over water so I had to test the limits of the drone's sensors. Also, there were quite a few power and TV lines around, So I had to scout the whole thing on foot, establish flight corridors, decide what and how to shoot, and also do some tests runs before recording the shots I wanted.

It was, overall, quite fun.

Stuff I learnt while filming this:

- Sensors will almost certainly never detect powerlines. Did some tests, and it won't see them.
- Downward sensors did manage to reliably detect the surface of the water. I could not make it land over water.
- Be wary of wireframe structures.
- Spend a few batteries doing test runs before doing the actual shots.
- Scout the area so you know what to expect along your flight path.
- RTH -> HOVER when flying with overhead obstacles.
- Don't be scared of pushing the limits of what the aircraft can do. That way, you'll know what to expect when something awry happens. It's a good way to build confidence.
- Get a bigger screen for flying. FPV googles > Tablet > Phablet. You'll notice a lot more details while flying which will allow you to better decide what to shoot.

Last edited:
Smoooooooooooothe.

Thank you all.
Like & subscribe (? hahah.

Yeah. That town, while small, is quite pretty and peaceful. Also, lots of places around to fly. Got like 250 GiB of raw video still in my pipeline for creating new content.

This was my first time flying so low over water so I had to test the limits of the drone's sensors. Also, there were quite a few power and TV lines around, So I had to scout the whole thing on foot, establish flight corridors, decide what and how to shoot, and also do some tests runs before recording the shots I wanted.

It was, overall, quite fun.

Stuff I learnt while filming this:

- Sensors will almost certainly never detect powerlines. Did some tests, and it won't see them.
- Downward sensors did manage to reliably detect the surface of the water. I could not make it land over water.
- Be wary of wireframe structures.
- Spend a few batteries doing test runs before doing the actual shots.
- Scout the area so you know what to expect along your flight path.
- RTH -> HOVER when flying with overhead obstacles.
- Don't be scared of pushing the limits of what the aircraft can do. That way, you'll know what to expect when something awry happens. It's a good way to build confidence.
- Get a bigger screen for flying. FPV googles > Tablet > Phablet. You'll notice a lot more details while flying which will allow you to better decide what to shoot.
I love test runs...they give you composition, targets and approach angles you would never see till you got back home and say ... if only I just flew a little more to the ________.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada