DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Want something that takes good pictures in low light (sunrise/sunset), has a bit of a zoom and I can get lightening shots one way or the other...

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Posting this from another thread to start the topics.

First I am waiting to see what remote ID implementation looks like in Sept as well las the Air3 launch...

I want/need a new drone and cant decided what I want at this point... Mavic 3 pro, air3s, something else.... or wait...

I just want something that takes good pictures in low light (sunrise sunset), has a bit of a zoom and I can get lightening shots from one way or the other... I don't do a lot of Video short of stills for lightening shots.

DJI is a master at just enough but not quite there for me to pull the trigger on anything... if i wait another year and fly my air2s into the ground during it i may have a air3s to choose from...

Money really isn't the issue here it just wanting to find the sweet spot for what I want above and not let DJI win lol.

I tried the Mavic 3 classic, and the mini 3 and sent them back. Least with the air2s I can fly it like I stole it in a storm and not worry to much.....

Sigh... too many options while not having the right one as well is frustrating..

Any one have the answer and or in same boat?

Edit: I should specify... I get into arguments above about 8k for single drone purchases im not willing to at this point and I like it to be portable somewhat hence why I am in a Mavic forum lol.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Posting this from another thread to start the topics.

First I am waiting to see what remote ID implementation looks like in Sept as well las the Air3 launch...

I want/need a new drone and cant decided what I want at this point... Mavic 3 pro, air3s, something else.... or wait...

I just want something that takes good pictures in low light (sunrise sunset), has a bit of a zoom and I can get lightening shots from one way or the other... I don't do a lot of Video short of stills for lightening shots.

DJI is a master at just enough but not quite there for me to pull the trigger on anything... if i wait another year and fly my air2s into the ground during it i may have a air3s to choose from...

Money really isn't the issue here it just wanting to find the sweet spot for what I want above and not let DJI win lol.

I tried the Mavic 3 classic, and the mini 3 and sent them back. Least with the air2s I can fly it like I stole it in a storm and not worry to much.....

Sigh... too many options while not having the right one as well is frustrating..

Any one have the answer and or in same boat?
If money isn't an issue, and you want a drone with a better camera, then buy a drone that can support a DSLR camera. Example here:

If money isn't an issue, and you want a drone with a better camera, then buy a drone that can support a DSLR camera. Example here:

Put a full frame camera on it with a 20mm lens. maybe a 24-120 if you have the ability to zoom. Best all around sensor, all around optics with a high price tag for the drone itself with gimbal.
If I could afford it, I'd be all in. But, unfortunately, I'm settling for the 1" sensor on the Air2S which is a really nice camera drone.

Reactions: VenomXts

I should specify... I get into arguments above about 8k for drone purchases im not willing to at this point and I like **** to be portable somewhat.

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
I should specify... I get into arguments above about 8k for drone purchases im not willing to at this point and I like **** to be portable somewhat.
There is always a trade off for higher quality. I do a lot of regular photography and one of my lens cost around 13,000 USD and many other lenses around 3500 USD. It is an expensive hobby for certain, depending on what you shoot. Drones are no different.

TAURUS X8 PRO 8S HD CINELIFTER W/ DJI AIR UNIT - BNF

1689567725088.png

If money is not a Problem Please allow myself and a few of my Professional Video friends to recommend this Highly.
The Drone will run you around $2500.00 From PyroDrone in L.A. Camera not included, So you will have to buy the camera of your choosing May we recommend the The V-mount V-RAPTOR XL 8K VV Camera from RED DIGITAL CINEMA. I believe B&H can hook you up for a little under $40,000 but in the end you will have the very setup used for filming by MANY studio pilots. Waterproofing kits are Available as well as waterproofing gel for all wiring and electronics. and to get it ready to film throw in another 5 to 100 thousand dollars (Prices Depending on any other equipment you wish to install and Ground equipment you intend to use).
Sorry: I forgot to mention that you can Easily keep up with cars racing on a track with no problems Heck you can get a shot around the car as its racing if your a good Pilot.

Last edited:
You haven't mentioned anything that requires any special technology.
You could do what you want with anything from DJI's current lineup, or what you already have.
There's your answer right there,
and it won't cost you a dime...
you just need to invest the time...

Learn to use what you have, the Air2s is a fine quad.

Reactions: Starz
If DJI products don't float your boat: why don't you try either the Autel EVO 2 pro variants (6K and 8K respectively) or the EVO LITE+ or LITE which has an RYYB sensor proven to produce excellent low light video and stills? Both foldable and portable to boot.

Last edited:
Reactions: maggior
ould do what you want with anything from DJI's current li

I think I know my answer, like I said I flew a Mavic 3 classic for 3 months out of the gate but returned it (for full refund). I have the pictures I took there and compare what I take with my air2 and Air2s (bought after the Mavic 3)... Different days different events, different drones and skill certainly comes into it but I was consistently getting better shots from the Mavic 3 than I see with the air2s... Was really hoping i could get that level of output from the air2s with he same form factor and extra battery life.

Perhaps I was just starting a over done conversation, end of the day all the hobbies add up I am in no rush to buy in Houston right now I have another 3 months of miserable weather I don't want to be out shooting in most of the time lol 102F Today and close to feel like 109F.

I don't disagree with your statement and like my above post end of the day your right Air2s is fine just wish I could mix and match some features with less effort required.

I already put quite a lot of time into too many hobbies.. lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N