DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Flying low..

Saw that ladder stand. ???

Watch your focus , remember when your close to the subject to keep it in focus.
Also your video compression is a bit off and causing some quality issue.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air in the Rain/Snow

Reactions: A.O.

Phantomrain.org
Whoa... You are way above my pay grade there! I set my camera /video at 1080p (so the files are not so big) and at 24fps. I don't know if that's a good setting or not, just trying to keep my U-Tube uploads under 2-3 days.. not sure how to control focus or even what compression is. At this point in my flying I'm just trying to keep in the air. No editing afterwards just upload as it was taken.
YES, I need to learn these things but every time I try editing I get nowhere, not even the pretty music everyone does!

YES, I need to learn these things but every time I try editing I get nowhere, not even the pretty music everyone does!
And you will. Everyone starts somewhere and posting what you’ve done is good. Just keep at it. Don’t let criticism stop you. ??

Phantomrain.org
For some of us clueless flyers... can you explain what you said in english?

I mean, I know what focus is... but what control over focus do we have?

To me the video is what it looks like through the camera while flying the drown along a path through the trees close to the ground. Is the subject the path, the trees, or the piloting skills?

What do you mean that the compression is off?

To me the video is what it looks like through the camera while flying the drown along a path through the trees close to the ground. Is the subject the path, the trees, or the piloting skills?

The Air2 has the fix focus however you can dial that in by just by deciding what is the Focus your putting the camera on, So if you want to show the leaves in focus or the Horizon you can dial that in meaning Point the camera at what you want the focus on . Edited for clarification.

As far as quality goes all of his other videos have been really clean this one showed some Compression problems and pointed it out in case he made any changes. This is also why the focus is not clean.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain/Snow

Last edited:
Reactions: heronlen and A.O.
The Air2 has the fix focus however you can dial that in by just by deciding what is the Focus your putting the camera on, So if you want to show the leaves in focus or the Horizon you can dial that in.

What are you trying to say??

You cannot ‘dial’ anything in. Fixed focus is just that, it is fixed and cannot be changed.

What are you trying to say??

You cannot ‘dial’ anything in. Fixed focus is just that, it is fixed and cannot be changed.
Just point the camera to the object you want in focus. I will edit the dial .

Phantomrain.org
Is the video compression problem you mentioned Phantomrain where the
video goes what i would call pixelates at the start of the shot. I'm also very new
to video TERMINOLOGY so not sure what this means. Great bit of flying by the way
A.O love where the leaves blow up in shot...cool.

Hey, I resemble that remark!! :D

The subject to me anyway , was just flying low through the woods.

Last edited:
The Air2 has the fix focus however you can dial that in by just by deciding what is the Focus your putting the camera on, So if you want to show the leaves in focus or the Horizon you can dial that in meaning Point the camera at what you want the focus on . Edited for clarification.

As far as quality goes all of his other videos have been really clean this one showed some Compression problems and pointed it out in case he made any changes. This is also why the focus is not clean.

Phantomrain.org
So I didnt really "focus" on anything.. camera straight ahead and let er fly as they say. I was just looking for the effect of zipping along the ground.

What changes might I have made that would have effected the "compression"? Again.. SO many settings on this thing I'm not sure what to do or why, or what effect it will have on the videos.

Someone here (I forget who, sorry) had told me that on a rising or falling ground level if I got low the bird would maintain a consistent AGL and I wouldn't have to work the stick myself to do so which is one of the things I was playing with here. And I'm glad to say it worked and I didn't peg the ground anywhere.

Is the video compression problem you mentioned Phantomrain where the
video goes what i would call pixelates at the start of the shot. I'm also very new
to video TERMINOLOGY so not sure what this means. Great bit of flying by the way
A.O love where the leaves blow up in shot...cool.
Thanks,
I liked that as well which is one of the reasons I U-Tubed this particular video, gonna have to check my props though.. kind of sounded like a weed whacker a couple times!

Thanks for sharing.

You can tell how low you are when the props throw up the leaves.

Phantomrain.org
@Phantomrain,
I was not criticizing your critique. I was trying to learn from it. I found the video enjoyable. Your response told me you found things that could have been adjusted to make it even better. I'm just hoping to learn what those things are and how to do them.

I'm still fuzzy on "focus", and completely in the dark on "compression". Hopefully, with the help of those of you who actually know what you are doing... I'll learn.

@Phantomrain,
I was not criticizing your critique. I was trying to learn from it. I found the video enjoyable. Your response told me you found things that could have been adjusted to make it even better. I'm just hoping to learn what those things are and how to do them.

I'm still fuzzy on "focus", and completely in the dark on "compression". Hopefully, with the help of those of you who actually know what you are doing... I'll learn.
Yes, I would love to figure out how to clear up the close focus on stuff like this.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
So I didnt really "focus" on anything.. camera straight ahead and let er fly as they say. I was just looking for the effect of zipping along the ground.

What changes might I have made that would have effected the "compression"? Again.. SO many settings on this thing I'm not sure what to do or why, or what effect it will have on the videos.

Someone here (I forget who, sorry) had told me that on a rising or falling ground level if I got low the bird would maintain a consistent AGL and I wouldn't have to work the stick myself to do so which is one of the things I was playing with here. And I'm glad to say it worked and I didn't peg the ground anywhere.
remind me what abbreviation AGL is A.O

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos