DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Flying low..

Last edited:
Whoa... You are way above my pay grade there! I set my camera /video at 1080p (so the files are not so big) and at 24fps. I don't know if that's a good setting or not, just trying to keep my U-Tube uploads under 2-3 days.. not sure how to control focus or even what compression is. At this point in my flying I'm just trying to keep in the air. No editing afterwards just upload as it was taken.
YES, I need to learn these things but every time I try editing I get nowhere, not even the pretty music everyone does!

May need to bump your FPS up to 30 or more to get better video "quality." The slower rates make video a but jerky looking at times. You can tell most when you make some "quick" moves with the joysticks and the drone turns / moves.

Reactions: A.O.
May need to bump your FPS up to 30 or more to get better video "quality." The slower rates make video a but jerky looking at times. You can tell most when you make some "quick" moves with the joysticks and the drone turns / moves.
I’ll give that a try
And thanks, that’s the kind of info I’m looking for!

Last edited:
And the criticism is fine, this constructive criticism helps me to learn.
Ok my friend I went thru frame by frame because everything up until you break into the Light was really out of Focus .
Problem is just Low Lighting .

Screenshot 01-28-2021 16.20.55.jpg
Screenshot 01-28-2021 16.24.59.jpg

Out of the Dark and pop comes the focus: With the White Sky behind you it looked as if it was good lighting but the reality is you were in the shadows and the drone did not like it.. ?

Screenshot 01-28-2021 16.26.12.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain/Snow

Reactions: A.O.
Ok my friend I went thru frame by frame because everything up until you break into the Light was really out of Focus .
Problem is just Low Lighting .

View attachment 122697
View attachment 122698

Out of the Dark and pop comes the focus: With the White Sky behind you it looked as if it was good lighting but the reality is you were in the shadows and the drone did not like it.. ?

View attachment 122699

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain/Snow
Thanks.. makes sense..

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Thanks.. makes sense..
Film something like that again and go down to 1080 60fps..I think you will see a remarkable difference. As mentioned it's all about light and the amount of info you cram in there for encoding. I also think that DJI editor is causing some of it. I used Windows default editor and it did the very same thing on a much clearer video, when I went to a "real" editor and encoded it it was all crystal clear when I viewed it. :) Does your view on your computer (Straight from the SDCard) look anything like that? I am guessing it doesn't. ;)

Film something like that again and go down to 1080 60fps..I think you will see a remarkable difference. As mentioned it's all about light and the amount of info you cram in there for encoding. I also think that DJI editor is causing some of it. I used Windows default editor and it did the very same thing on a much clearer video, when I went to a "real" editor and encoded it it was all crystal clear when I viewed it. :) Does your view on your computer (Straight from the SDCard) look anything like that? I am guessing it doesn't. ;)
1080/60fps, I'll do that next time..
"real " editor ?? Like?
Yes probably looked better before editing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lapointlu