DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying MavicPro in Saudi Arabia

Thats neat to see. I noticed a couple other people setting up dji phantoms in the area too. The paraglider was probably nervous of the drones tho.

Reactions: Afzal's Mavic
To be honest I have mixed feelings on this video. On one side I have to say you have some guts to fly over expensive autos between trees. ( Also a you have figured out a quick way to see the cars and avoid the crowd.) Obviously you know what to expect for wind. The other side of me thinks this is exactly the kind of thing that gets people in trouble when someone tries risky things endangering people and crashes a drone over a crowd of people just coming out to enjoy a car show. I'm glad nothing happened but in my mind it was a bit of an unnecessary risk. Next thing you know we have a drone ban within 1 mile of public events.

Last edited:
i had all the necessary permissions needed to fly in the event. i am confident that the MavicPro is very stable and nothing was going to happen as i was flying where i could see it.
whats the point of buying a drone if u just sit and think so much about dropping it whenever u fly!!!

Reactions: genesimmons
Mate - I love flying so I'm not against you. Like I said - I'd rather fly through the car show fast and watch the video than walk the crowd. I'm assuming that when you said you had all the necessary permissions - that you had the permission of the event organiser to fly the drone over the show. Here if you fly over a public gathering (even your kids soccer match) your actions are considered as commercial and you have to be licensed as such. I'm assuming you don't have to be there? What kind of insurance did you have for your commercial flight? When you drop on a $60-100k sports car - how are you going to pay for it? What if you drop and injure someone - do you have insurance for that? When we fly we all take risks but flying over a very crowded event has a lot more and precautions taken show the maturity of the operator. You flew a show ... that's great. What if you got a gust like I did the a few days ago and you knick a branch and drop - your next sentence determines if you should or shouldn't be there.

Hi Afzal, where did you buy your Mavic Pro? I was thinking of buying one but I'm not sure if it can be shipped here in Jeddah. Thanks in advace.

Hi Afzal, where did you buy your Mavic Pro? I was thinking of buying one but I'm not sure if it can be shipped here in Jeddah. Thanks in advace.
i got it from ebay but you can buy from Dubai. ebay stopped shipping drones to Saudi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13