DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Mini 3 Pro in Large Warehouses?

Hello. I believe you’ve probably been seeing videos of FPV guys doing what they do best.
I don’t know exactly how much experience you have, but I’ve gotta agree with most of the replies. You would have to be in control of all aspects of the drone, hands on all the time.
Good luck.
Yup, that is what it is looking like. I will probably start by buying an Avata, and working with FPV then maybe adding the Skydio. My worry, even with the Skydio is that prop guards are not an option with the Skydio, because they interfere with their optical navigation.

Most if not all of these interior fly throughs that you are seeing on Youtube are done with FPV drones and a pilot wearing goggles. The smaller drones have GoPros on them and the footage is stabilized in post.
Sure, with some practice you could fly your Mini in a warehouse and do some simple moves, but if you want to be able to progress and get some real dynamic shots, I would get an FPV drone and great googles. There are many small CineWhoops that come prebuilt, or you could build yourself, I have, and mount a GoPro or other action camera on it. It's quite a learning curve with all of the settings to try and adjust for the smoothest flying. Or you could just buy a DJI Avata, that's what I would do. DJI has one of the best video transmission systems and the best goggles. I've flown it and it is amazingly easy. You would still benefit from practicing on the simulator first. I believe the basic package comes with the motion controller which is simple to use, but I think you'd want to get the RC with sticks for finer control. DJI sells Refurb drones that are good as new.
Check this out
Yes, I was thinking the same thing and the link you posted is the bomb. The only thing is that in a warehouse I would need to follow the Avata somehow so I don't lose signal and some warehouses are larger than football fields.

Hello. I believe you’ve probably been seeing videos of FPV guys doing what they do best.
I don’t know exactly how much experience you have, but I’ve gotta agree with most of the replies. You would have to be in control of all aspects of the drone, hands on all the time.
Good luck.
Yes, it would seem I do need to move into the Avata environment. Since I would be flying around people, I would need prop guards like the Avata has for liability reasons.

Here is a video of a drone taking video of the Giga Berlin Tesla plant, awesome flying. So it can be done with excellent results.

Last edited:
Here is a video of a drone taking video of the Giga Berlin Tesla plant, awesome flying. So it can be done with excellent results.

This is full on FPV drone flying (not to be confused with the DJI FPV drone), the pilot is Ferdinand Wolf from Skynamic.
Here's a short clip at the factory event opening and glimpses of the drone.

And THIS is exactly one option (maybe the best option) for the OP to do the types of flight he wants inside warehouses.
If the OP could get sat connection with an DJI Avata, or DJI FPV, then the stabilised flight would make the task a lot easier.
The trouble is it can't be guaranteed indoors, possibly cutting in / out anyway.

Yes, this is something similar to where I am headed. Thank you for this reference. It is the best piece I have seen in an industrial setting so far.

Depends, what are you trying to do?
What kind of filming or use case inside of the warehouse?

Indoors you are GPS denied/limited so drone is in opti mode.
Hi Tony, apologies for the late reply. The footage would be used on websites to show the capacity and capabilities of warehouse structures and factories. I think, (DON'T KNOW) that I can fly missions beginning with an orbit outside and then enter the factory or warehouse where I would have another flight path that surveys the warehouse or factory and drops into points of interest where folks would be doing particular tasks.

My thought is that the Avata w/FPV would be ideal for this because of the prop guards and I can fly in ATTI mode. I also think that this is going to take several months to build the skill set to pull this off.

Ideally, if I do it enough, I can work out a system where, after an initial scout to plan the flight path and points of interest, I could pull it off in about 4 hours. Maybe.

This is full on FPV drone flying (not to be confused with the DJI FPV drone), the pilot is Ferdinand Wolf from Skynamic.
Here's a short clip at the factory event opening and glimpses of the drone.

And THIS is exactly one option (maybe the best option) for the OP to do the types of flight he wants inside warehouses.
If the OP could get sat connection with an DJI Avata, or DJI FPV, then the stabilised flight would make the task a lot easier.
The trouble is it can't be guaranteed indoors, possibly cutting in / out anyway.
Yes, this is what I was seeking, and you seem knowledgeable about these matters. Thank you!

My understanding is that AVATA can do this because that is what it was designed for. Is this correct? My understanding is that flying in ATTI mode is the only way to do this and I am assuming that the AVATA can be flow in ATTI mode so it is not seeking satellite connections.

I am also under no illusion that this will take me some time to learn enough to make this possible

Last edited:
Yes, this is what I was seeking, and you seem knowledgeable about these matters. Thank you!

My understanding is that AVATA can do this because that is what it was designed for. Is this correct? My understanding is that flying in ATTI mode is the only way to do this and I am assuming that the AVATA can be flow in ATTI mode so it is not seeking satellite connections.

I am also under no illusion that this will take me some time to learn enough to make this possible

I'm REALLY interested in true FPV, done lots of research etc, but yet to take the leap (really a bit wary I'll never fly my beloved DJI drones again !!).

For sure flying true FPV requires some really good stick skills, it's VERY different to flying out airborne computers !!
Simulators are gret tp learn on, when you master that pretty well, the transgression to real life FPV flight is s smaller step.

Yes, you can fly the Avata in full manual mode, or there is some semi autonomous flight control option between atti and the normal type of flying we are used to.
Think that might need GPS too.

The penetration of the Avata is supposed to be really good, more suitable than other consumer drones for flying from a point and getting 'stuff' in between the aircraft and the pilot / controller.
I've seen FPV pilot reviews on Youtube really impressed with penetration at low altitude, flying through dense vegetation, and I assume signal would be good through some infrastructure like shelves, walls etc.

There are a few pilots on here that DO use their DJI drones and fly true FPV.
They might make a comment to assist in perhaps getting into this with the Avata, even as a stepping stone to more solid FPV type drones.

Just spotted Alex's new Avata video, his little mishap, so they aren't invincible, but obviously very tough compared to the regular DJI consumer drones . . .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem