DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying near an airport

abadrs

Reactions
I have a great spot to fly near a small airport. My phantom 3 standard flew no problem but when I try my Mavic it says no fly zone. I've already talked to the airport director who said he don't care when I fly as long as I'm under 400'. My question is how do I get rid of the NFZ ? I didn't attempt to actually take off yet. I've seen very little common answers on YouTube. I've seen a few videos that just ask you to check a couple boxes stating you have permission to fly then I saw some that showed you hooking your controller to a PC and doing a bunch of stuff (which I'm not doing)

It depends on what specific level of warning you're receiving from the DJI Go app as to whether you can check a box to authorize the flight or whether you have to jump through more hoops. We need more detailed information.

Most likely you will be able to take off but will get a pop up window asking to confirm that you understand it's a NFZ and accept 2 agreements.

Reactions: dajohn17
Unrelated question: how far would I have to be from other buildings to calibrate the compass on the Mavic? I live in suburbia, buildings and concrete everywhere.

how far would I have to be from other buildings to calibrate the compass on the Mavic?
Find a location that's 10+ feet away from anything metallic (including under the ground). After you have a successful calibration, you shouldn't have to calibrate again often. See the Compass Calibration Guide for more details.

Reactions: abadrs
It depends on what specific level of warning you're receiving from the DJI Go app as to whether you can check a box to authorize the flight or whether you have to jump through more hoops. We need more detailed information.

Help!!
I have a new Mavic Pro Platinum and I have spent two days trying to get it to fly. I live in a yellow Authorization zone and I have done literally everything. I have a verified DJI account and when I go to the GEO app, it shows that my opening the zone is valid. But I can't get it to work with the DJI go4 app. When I try to synchronize the app, it shows nothing. I have update the firmware, tried it from my phone and computer, etc. I think I have done everything. The app is 4.1.2, the aircraft is Version 01.04.0100 and fly database is 01.00.01.07.

If I can't make this work, it's going back. I have about 12 hours into this already.

Thanks for any help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson