DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying over Indianapolis Speedway

I think legally yes, but make sure that nothing is going on.

are you in Indianapolis?

I am trying to see if at least 20 drone pilots here in indianapolis, would like to get together for some free DSAR training.

Reactions: BigAl07
FYI. We're trying to build a National Registry of Volunteer 107 Certified Drone pilots with training in search techniques that are willing to be called upon if an incident arises in their area. If you're 107 certified, have training in search techniques and wish to be on the registry,

Or you do not have your 107 certified license, you can still received the training.

The training would be hosted by

Bob@rcdancer, Rob@Thunderdrones, and Charlie@fatherxmas from DSAR a group from Alabama.

Last edited:
do you know of any other pilots here?

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I'm new here and was looking for this kind of info. (And also hi Indy-area pilot here too! ?‍♂️)

So has there been any more clarity around flying over IMS? In various places on their website it seems like they attempt to restrict it altogether and in other areas it seems only when there's an event going on. Speedway Police doesn't seem to have any helpful info either.

you need permission to fly over the race track.

check the air space in air map. if I am correct, it depends on where you are trying to fly. some of the air space is restricted, and requires FAA approval, even for a part 107 pilot, because of the international airport.

Hello, stumbled across this thread. I’ll be a new owner tomorrow as long as UPS doesn’t let me down. I’m interested in getting involved/learning about the world of Drones and it would be great to be part of some local activities

I a part of the DSAR group in Alabama, I also live in Indianapolis, actually in Mccordsville.

I am currently look for pilots here in Indiana, to help out. all of the training is free.

I’m interested however I have no SAR training/experience nor my 107 (yet) and based on what I saw in the link you posted my Drone (M2P) may not be sufficient but then I don’t know anything about this.

All of the guys in the group own a mp2, and a few of them own other drones, small and bigger
I am using a mp2

You are ok

when I first started with the group, I had my drone for 2 months, and less than hours on the mp2. now I have over 40 + hours, just on my mp2. I also own a few other drones, one of them is a DJI mavic air, I just purchase around Christmas

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329