DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying over Rideau Canal, NCR, Ottawa, Canada?

CADPAT_Mavic

Reactions
So I'm new to the area of Ottawa and I've seen all the map indicating what's what, but I'm still not clear. I'd like to fly very low altt over the rideau canal like in the ncr between gatineau and ottawa. Does anyone have info on this?

I'd be very hesitant to do that for a variety of reasons.
#1 - You have Rockcliffe airport that is a NFZ going right over the canal just east of Ottawa
#2 - You have some seaplane bases right in that area too.
#3 - Flying at low altitudes could be an issue coming close to people of buildings. You are in a city, and there is probably going to be lots of people around.
#4 - (This should probably be #1) You are flying in the Capital! I don't think they are going to give any leniency if you do anything incorrect. Rideau Hall and Parliament Hill are both restricted flight areas, and they both extend over the Rideau Canal. You could see some serious consequences for the tiniest mistake.

I'd be very hesitant to do that for a variety of reasons.
#1 - You have Rockcliffe airport that is a NFZ going right over the canal just east of Ottawa
#2 - You have some seaplane bases right in that area too.
#3 - Flying at low altitudes could be an issue coming close to people of buildings. You are in a city, and there is probably going to be lots of people around.
#4 - (This should probably be #1) You are flying in the Capital! I don't think they are going to give any leniency if you do anything incorrect. Rideau Hall and Parliament Hill are both restricted flight areas, and they both extend over the Rideau Canal. You could see some serious consequences for the tiniest mistake.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki