DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Over Water - Some Results and Tips

I can confirm the drift when sensors are disabled. For my application of the mavic, the drift is really unnerving. My mavic ascends when the sensors "freak out" over water. Given my application is over Idaho whitewater. I often use the active track mode, so disabling the sensors isn't a good idea. I'm still looking for options or solutions to ascension problem. In addition do you if the mavic can or will descend with you? I attached this video for reference. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• DJI_0001.JPG
    DJI_0001.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 47
Where did you stay?
that is 1 crowded boat I go twice a year(dentist) last trip (june)was whale shark season.Took the drone but it was to sloppy out to break it outView attachment 17921 View attachment 17923

I stayed at Aloft Cancun. Where we went out of wasn't too far from there. Yeah 800 people 2 boats anchored together.

Any pics of these floats?? Seems like those white balls would mess up the handling capabilities and are something you could pick up at Micheals for a couple dollars...

f4f70ea7aa5d09da6c4d332d1da23664.jpg
Great idea for 10 bucks on Amazon for 3. I agree about flight characteristics being thrown off and acting like a kite in he wind with the white balls.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capitalinguists