DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying past a ship’s bridge, got me reported

Status
Not open for further replies.
More info needed.
But that final part flying across the ship in front of the bridge whilst it was being navigated probably not wise. Warns about dangerous cargo and no smoking so high chance of inflammable substances aboard.

More info needed.
But that final part flying across the ship in front of the bridge whilst it was being navigated probably not wise. Warns about dangerous cargo and no smoking so high chance of inflammable substances aboard.
These ships are designed to withstand hurricanes...my done could do anything other than knock seagull do do off of it.

Good video, but probably not a good Idea.. Reported to who ?

Reactions: JS1600
These ships are designed to withstand hurricanes...my done could do anything other than knock seagull do do off of it.
Really?
And what about the combustion/potential energy contained within the Lipo battery pack?

It beggars belief where some people consider it acceptable to fly without permission.

And then people moan about regulations getting stricter - is it really any wonder. (Rhetorical)

Oil refinery's in the middle east are also designed to withstand hurricanes and sand storms....

All the ship can see is a UAV that might be a bomb or a surveillance/targeting system for the Drones following....
As you are an ISIS terrorist* getting reported is the least they would do.

*I have no idea if you are or are not but then again neither does anyone else. Certainly not those on "the target you are doing a recon on."

More info needed.
these ships take direct lightning strikes and gail force winds i doubt a small dji drone could cause much if any damage,,,just saying,,,,but it’s still not a wise thing to do because those on the bridge don’t know the drone pilots intentions.

It’s not about the damage your drone could do to the boat - yes that’s in all likelihood minimal if any (assuming you don’t blow the cargo :).

Distracting a ship’s pilot though is a bit silly. Ships need to make decisions sometimes minutes ahead otherwise they won’t have time to complete a manoeuvre and your distracting them could have serious consequences.

I have video of cruise ships coming in and out of the port here in Florida. Never once have i considered flying over or in front of the ship. And never once have they reported me. Hell the one cruise line saw my pics on Instagram and messaged me asking if they could use them. But i guess i have common sense

All equipment on an oil tanker has to be intrinsically safe. Example is intrinsically safe or explosion-proof mobile phones used in explosive atmospheres, such as refineries. Intrinsically safe mobile phones must meet special battery design criteria in order to achieve UL, ATEX directive, or IECEx certification for use in explosive atmospheres. If you crash and one of the overpressure valves are releasing gas at the same time, you can figure out the consequences.

I’m a driver on a fuel truck with petrol and diesel. All our equipments must be EXE classified. I usually bring with me a DJI Spark and take some photos on stations around our work area. We deliver for Circle K.3E0A7099-3D85-45D2-9CA8-92FFC1085CFD.jpeg6E4A5377-3113-4CAE-92FA-E235E2047090.jpeg

I doubt the tanker crew even saw the drone unless someone was outside and "maybe" heard it sound. The probably thought it was a bird flying by. And having been around petroleum for my life everything was electrically safe. I also agree that the chance of a Mavic doing any damage smashing into the ship, unless it was carrying some form of destructive planned device, would be nothing that would concern me, even if the battery caught fire on landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty