DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying sideways?

Random155

Reactions
Anyone else's mavic fly slightly sideways? When I put the stick straight forward, it flies slightly to the left. I find that if the stick is at between the 1 and 2 oclock position, it flies straight. Ive done compass calibration and gimbal calibration. Have not calibrated the IMU (im scared after TBE stories) and have not calibrated the remote (im scared after TBE stories).

I've noticed this too. I tried calibrating the IMU, compass (always), did the updates, calibrated the controller and it still persists.

Anyone else's mavic fly slightly sideways? When I put the stick straight forward, it flies slightly to the left. I find that if the stick is at between the 1 and 2 oclock position, it flies straight. Ive done compass calibration and gimbal calibration. Have not calibrated the IMU (im scared after TBE stories) and have not calibrated the remote (im scared after TBE stories).

I wonder if you need to calibrate the controller.

That's scary. If mine did that, I would calibrate controller next (if compass calibration didn't help). See james_mav's post.

All RC quads that I've flown previously had the ability to trim the controls. Does this concept not apply to Mavics? I have not read anything about it in the manual.

All RC quads that I've flown previously had the ability to trim the controls. Does this concept not apply to Mavics?
No. Try calibrating it per the video above.

If the controller calibration does not help then check the props and swap them round. See if it then flies to the right. This is not inherent behavior with unbalanced props, you would get bad jello and a wobbly drone but worth a try anyway.

Failing that, stick the Mavic in the fridge for an hour and calibrate the IMU.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143