DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying soon in Kosovo...

swoodhall

Reactions
Hi Guys..

I was wondering if anyone knows the deal with flying your quad in Kosovo. I am heading there for a few days in a week or so. I am finding it hard to get any solid information regarding the local drone laws. I'm only taking a mavic pro, and flying in the countryside for a bit.

I did read somewhere that any drone over 500g must be registered, which is fine.. but I also read they you must notify the authorities of any flight 72 hours beforehand.. but surly thats a bit overkill lol.

Has anyone took there bird and flown in Kosovo before, and have they got any tips or insight to doing it.

Thanks a lot...

Neat! Sounds like that should be an interesting trip! Lets see what we can find...

It looks like Kosovo has some pretty tight regulations around drones. It looks like you will need to register your Mavic Pro and alert the Aeronautical Information Service 72 hours before a flight and if I understand correctly, you'll need to be reachable by air traffic control radio while flying. Kosovo is also very sensitive to what you film or photograph and your drone can be confiscated.

The more I research it, the more I'd leave the thing home. This place sounds pretty rough. I've included links below for your own reading. Good luck and have a good time!

UAS Regulations in Kosovo
UAV Systems International
Civil Aviation Authority of Kosovo
Drone Traveller

Reactions: Hauptmann
Neat! Sounds like that should be an interesting trip! Lets see what we can find...

It looks like Kosovo has some pretty tight regulations around drones. It looks like you will need to register your Mavic Pro and alert the Aeronautical Information Service 72 hours before a flight and if I understand correctly, you'll need to be reachable by air traffic control radio while flying. Kosovo is also very sensitive to what you film or photograph and your drone can be confiscated.

The more I research it, the more I'd leave the thing home. This place sounds pretty rough. I've included links below for your own reading. Good luck and have a good time!

UAS Regulations in Kosovo
UAV Systems International
Civil Aviation Authority of Kosovo
Drone Traveller

Wow, thanks for the info Eightnine! reading more in depth into it. I think i'm going to leave the Mav at home back in the UK.. I'm only down there three days visiting friends, and thought I could just chuck the mav in the bag as usual, and have a flight here and there. while sightseeing. 8)

Hi Guys..

I was wondering if anyone knows the deal with flying your quad in Kosovo. I am heading there for a few days in a week or so. I am finding it hard to get any solid information regarding the local drone laws. I'm only taking a mavic pro, and flying in the countryside for a bit.

I did read somewhere that any drone over 500g must be registered, which is fine.. but I also read they you must notify the authorities of any flight 72 hours beforehand.. but surly thats a bit overkill lol.

Has anyone took there bird and flown in Kosovo before, and have they got any tips or insight to doing it.

Thanks a lot...

I assume that you have read this? Have fun!
Kosovo Drone Laws | UAV Systems International

Reactions: Hauptmann
Hey, so I just spent half a day speaking with a local pilot and he gave me so much more context on local rules of Kosovo.

All the above is correct:
- if your drone weights less than 500g , then you're fine as long as you're 2 km away from military and airports
- you need to obtain a permit for each flight at least 36H ahead (halfed the time since last was 72H).
- prior to that you need to register your drone at least 5 working days before.

On top of this you will need to:
- have a third party insurance and complete a declaration form about it.
- unless special permit, keep your drone below 150 m and within sight at all times.
- fly at 500 m from any other drone (no formation).

Most information will need to be sent to [email protected]
I've listed all the documents and process more in details with phone numbers and opening times here.

Hope you have a great time flying in wonderful Kosovo!!

Reactions: Thomas B
That place is a wild west. Pretty sure you can do whatever you want. If the police come up to you and only if they start complaining, just wave a €100 bill in front of their noses and ask them to leave. If that is going to work anywhere, it's Kosovo.
How do I know it? I'm from the Balkans.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dtcexpress1