DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying the mavic air at 300 feet for minutes with SD card

EDG

Reactions
When one flies the drone, do you concentrate on the video screen or the map screen? Seems that one can monitor the flight better with the map screen and monitor the yaw or horizontal movements. I use either a 32 SD card or 64 SD card. After a 10 minute flight, I watch the video on the computer. I often get two video feeds about 3.5 or 4 Gig respectively instead of one video lasting 10 minutes for about 8 Gig or so. How can I get the entire flight on one video feed?

When one flies the drone, do you concentrate on the video screen or the map screen? Seems that one can monitor the flight better with the map screen and monitor the yaw or horizontal movements. I use either a 32 SD card or 64 SD card. After a 10 minute flight, I watch the video on the computer. I often get two video feeds about 3.5 or 4 Gig respectively instead of one video lasting 10 minutes for about 8 Gig or so. How can I get the entire flight on one video feed?
Not possible. The SD card can only handle up to 4 gig segments do to the format. The answer is to lower your resolution in order to get more video per segment or splice them with a editor in post.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Two questions there; to the first one: I use the camera feed almost all the time, since obtaining video is the objective I have to see what the camera is seeing.

I always concentrate on the drone itself as I only fly within sight. I do occasionally reference the camera view display but never for more than a few seconds at a time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121