DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying the Superstitions- Hieroglyphic Springs

Thomas B

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Actually the Indian drawings are petroglyphs... Unfortunately the lowest level has areas where it was defaced, but the whole side of the area is covered with petroglyphs. Not recommended for hiking in the summer, but an easy 2 miles from the parking lot... not close to the state park at all. Note that I had special permitting that took almost a year to obtain. Enjoy.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Actually the Indian drawings are petroglyphs... Unfortunately the lowest level has areas where it was defaced, but the whole side of the area is covered with petroglyphs. Not recommended for hiking in the summer, but an easy 2 miles from the parking lot... not close to the state park at all. Note that I had special permitting that took almost a year to obtain. Enjoy.
Very nice video to watch, and I like the music that you chose.

Reactions: Thomas B

Nice video, TomB. I might have shortened up each clip a bit. I really envy where you live! So much material. just go out in your back yard ( like 2 miles) and you have this wonderful desert scenery, saguaro cacti, beautiful rock formations, etc. I have to get on an airplane for the same thing.

A common thread here is that most public areas are now restricting photography of any kind. I tried to do a time lapse of Christmas lights coming on and a decorative fountain in a shopping mall and was stopped by a security guard. I wrote to the Mall office and finally secured permission. What a hassle and a P.I.T.A. (pain in the ....). There is no drone footage in the film so I will not submit it here. I am constantly torn between sneaking a quick photo session with timelapse or drone and asking permission. Asking permission usually results in a "NO."

As an addendum, I canceled a trip to Doha, Dubai, and Muscat,Oman because of extremely strict rules disallowing un-permitted drones (fines up to $10,000 and 3 year prison sentences!!). Permits are impossible to obtain.

Nice video, TomB. I might have shortened up each clip a bit. I really envy where you live! So much material. just go out in your back yard ( like 2 miles) and you have this wonderful desert scenery, saguaro cacti, beautiful rock formations, etc. I have to get on an airplane for the same thing.

A common thread here is that most public areas are now restricting photography of any kind. I tried to do a time lapse of Christmas lights coming on and a decorative fountain in a shopping mall and was stopped by a security guard. I wrote to the Mall office and finally secured permission. What a hassle and a P.I.T.A. (pain in the ....). There is no drone footage in the film so I will not submit it here. I am constantly torn between sneaking a quick photo session with timelapse or drone and asking permission. Asking permission usually results in a "NO."

As an addendum, I canceled a trip to Doha, Dubai, and Muscat,Oman because of extremely strict rules disallowing un-permitted drones (fines up to $10,000 and 3 year prison sentences!!). Permits are impossible to obtain.
Thanks Dale. Agree it’s a bit long... my bad.
Yes AZ is blessed with a number of great places to fly and image... it is a pain to stay legal sometimes. Next will be one more vid from the Superstitions, then the Mogollon Rim and....

Thanks Dale. Agree it’s a bit long... my bad.
Yes AZ is blessed with a number of great places to fly and image... it is a pain to stay legal sometimes. Next will be one more vid from the Superstitions, then the Mogollon Rim and....
Montana was 5 weeks and I wish it were 8 weeks. Next year????Perhaps longer stay. I have the wanderlust again but with Covid..... where to go now? Could be a last minute dash out to Monument Valley/Moab before cold sets in, or a one week dash to Doha/Abu Dhabi which is re-opended to tourism. Would have to leave the Mavic 2 home or spend time in jail. Still, the cities are amazing, especially for timelapse, skylines, traffic, dramatic lighting situations. Check out the You Tubes of Dubai!

Thanks Thomas B for sharing on a subject that I needed to know more about (Hieroglyphics / petroglyphs).
Your production was a great introduction and showcase of paintings from 'many moons' ago.
Like Australian aboriginal art - it is used as a chronicle to convey knowledge of the land, events and beliefs of its people. The use of symbols recording stories of cultural significance, teaching survival and use of the land.
Appreciated from Down Under.

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 2.15.49 pm.png

Reactions: Geofff and Thomas B
Thanks for sharing great video
Yet again something I would have never seen
And thanks for the info
Will be giving iMovie a look

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics