DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying through the forests (... my first autumn video)

Very nice scenery. Great video. Where exactly is this? Czechlovakia?
Yes, it's a small natural reserve just in walking distance from my house, central part of the Czech Republic. It's not too famous place, just 10Km long valley bordered by a few rocks with the river and some small waterfalls. Definitely not like Yellowstone, but convenient for occasional photo shooting - see few land images from spring this year:

Doubravka_PANO-005_resize.jpg
Doubravka_PANO-003_resize.jpg
Doubravka_PANO-006_resize.jpg

Michal

Attachments

• Doubravka_PANO-001_resize.jpg
    Doubravka_PANO-001_resize.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8
Excellent video. It’s a beautiful area. The video was a bit long, but good. Would be nice to see in HD.

Really well done video...great editing....audio wasn't my cup of tea,.....the color changing leaves are magic....thought the music should parallel that..... but that's just me....great job.

Impressive! Scary place to be flying in considering there were so many trees and branches everywhere, hanging out over the water... Great job!

Nice flying and very nice footage. I‘ve turned the sound of because for it doesn‘t fit. Thanks for sharing!

Great footage and video. I subbed (IanP) because I liked what I saw! Keep 'em coming!

"Flying through the forests" is common expression (... in my native Czech language) describing favourite pre-teen young boy's activity consisting of running through nearest woods with loud gang of similar-age friends, building up sheds in tree-tops, picking & eating whatever looks eatable (... for young boys of my nature nearly every berry looked eatable) and regularly banging his mate's head by dry wood stick playing to be cops and thieves.

When that expression came to my mind recently (... in my early fifties) I said Why not again?
Enjoy

Michal
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great Video, excellent flying and a very nice area to fly a drone, I absolutely enjoyed the audio track in the video, will have to download it to my iPhone, thanks for sharing, its videos like this that make owning a drone fun!

Thanks guys for feedback and compliment, that works for me like a kind of refuel. Just editing another short fall vide, stay tuned. Michal

Wow! FANTASTIC flying and great editing! You have a very, very good eye! Thanks for sharing!

Amazing

would you please share the method you used. was it all manual or did you use any options like waypoint, etc? Did you use Litchi? did you use Tripod?
I hope you don't mind my questions - i am trying to understand how you produced such a fantastic video.

wonderful video ! I grew up on a farm and spent a lot of time out in the woods as well. it reminded me of home. Thank you !

would you please share the method you used. was it all manual or did you use any options like waypoint, etc? Did you use Litchi? did you use Tripod?
I hope you don't mind my questions - i am trying to understand how you produced such a fantastic video.
There was no flight automation used, all shots were taken when piloting manually using just very conventional DJI GO4 app flying in standard P mode.
In such difficult terrain the proper planning and detail terrain recognition is a key to your drone survival. The river valley (… or gorge if you like) is shading all GPS signal down there so all waypoints missions fail there automatically. No GPS makes even manual flying much more difficult because all reaction of drone were way more softer and slower and it was drifting permanently both in horizontal and vertical direction even when sticks released. This – combined with plenty of tricky thin and barely visible tree branches – makes flying there to be the real adrenaline sport. I doubt there is any magic recipe for such footage – a bit of practice in flying (… hmmm, rather more than just a bit), a bit of planning, plenty of patience (.. none of used clips were taken at the first try) and a plenty of luck (… not to lose your bird when you hit that silly branches as I did). On top of that - bad thing is that a water streaming in riverbed gives very obvious time/speed reference and makes every later retiming of footage in post-process very visible and very disturbing (… and reversing of clips fully impossible). That’s why you must take all your clips in real timing and fly your drone relatively swiftly (… not to make boring minute-long clips in move anytime you want to show longer section of river). Believe me, I have learned a lot on this short movie but unfortunately big part of that experience is hardly transferable. Go and try, I keep my fingers crossed…

(BTW - sorry for my broken English, as you may recognize it's not my first language)
M.

Thank you greatly for sharing that. I have learnt from it and I am even more impressed by your flying capability!
Your English is perfect - I didn't know you were not a native speaker :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka