DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying w/out FPV

phantomi

Reactions
Really enjoying taking out Maví (my mavic name) and the little controller, with all the info it gives, and race it. No FPV, no apps, only Maví and its controller. I can focus, take pics and vids, and enjoy the flight.

Last edited:
I've never tried flying with the remote only, how can you take video, pics and focusing without a device?

Reactions: Former Member
I've never tried flying with the remote only, how can you take video, pics and focusing without a device?

There are video record and snapshot buttons on the controller. Don't think you can adjust focus.

When I'm flying at night I rarely even look at the screen.. not that there's much to see anyway. I just tune out and enjoy the experience of flying and get mesmerized by the strobes. :)

No FPV, no apps, only Maví and
Try it. I have the S1 button to center focus and once you take off make a center focus to something grossly beyond 50m and that's all. Take pics and vids and they must be well focused. Do not use AFC.

I fly via remote only just as often as I use the goggles. Sportmode + on .700 gives a good rush when doing dives and 360's.

Really enjoying taking out Maví (my mavic name) and the little controller, with all the info it gives, and race it. No FPV, no apps, only Maví and its controller. I can focus, take pics and vids, and enjoy the flight.
How do you focus without seeing the screen,to see if the picture is in focus?

Reactions: Top Hat
How do you focus without seeing the screen,to see if the picture is in focus?
With the S1 button. I have configured it to do a central focus, the same thing as tapping the center of the screen.

I'm sure he is new to the MP,but I think he talking about flying the MP without a phone,much like a standard quadcopter. I did this with a 350QX and a Mobius for 2 years. Getting good footage was a kinda "luck of the draw" deal. It's really hard to center the subject 100% of the time,and you never know what to expect,until you review the images? On the MP I don't know how you could tell if the subject was in focus or not,without a screen to look at? With the MP I guess you could press the button and wait for the tone,then hope for the best?

There are video record and snapshot buttons on the controller. Don't think you can adjust focus.

You can always set the centre focus to C1.

Nop. My bad. I confirmed right now that without the FPV I can't focus properly.
You might be able to,but without a screen to look at,it's hard to tell for sure? I sometimes have to hit the focus button more than once to get a clear shot. Welcome to the Forum!:) If your skin is a little thin,just roll with the cheap shots,and your skin will be thicker with time!:) We were ALL newbies at one time!;)

The Mavic does not dive into 360s good try though

Did I say barrel rolls? No. I said dive AND a 360 as in Yaw all the way around..i.e. spins very fast. Imagine a dog chasing his tail in circles. That is a 360 my friend ;)
Educate yourself: Aircraft principal axes - Wikipedia

With the sport+ mode, the decent rate is increased substantially as well as turns and pitch. Its almost like having a race quad...but with a 1k price tag :(

Did I say barrel rolls? No. I said dive AND a 360 as in Yaw all the way around..i.e. spins very fast. Imagine a dog chasing his tail in circles. That is a 360 my friend ;)
Educate yourself: Aircraft principal axes - Wikipedia

With the sport+ mode, the decent rate is increased substantially as well as turns and pitch. Its almost like having a race quad...but with a 1k price tag :(
Its almost like having a race quad...More like "kinda" having a race drone,but not even close! LOL!:D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54