DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with a tablet help

Eagle430

Reactions
I just bought an 8 inch android 9.0 tablet to use it for flying my Mavic 2 Pro

I need a bit of help as I am very new to the mavic world

I assume the standard cable that connects the phone to the controller is not long enough so I will need to purchase a longer one?

Also what tablet mounts are best for the mavic 2 pro controller? I want one that It will not be on the way of my controller's monitor and also to have very easy access to the controller's sticks

You want to connect to the standard USB port on the bottom of the controller, the lead that came with your tablet should work fine.
As to mounts, whatever takes your fancy, there are to many to list.

When I'm using my tablet (with a MavMount 3), I never look at the remote screen, so it's no big loss. I have not seen a mount for a tablet that size that wouldn't block the remote screen (though they may exist). With the MavMount (and others like it), the monitor hovers over the remote so the hands very easily reach the sticks.

I assume the standard cable that connects the phone to the controller is not long enough so I will need to purchase a longer one?

Also what tablet mounts are best for the mavic 2 pro controller? I want one that It will not be on the way of my controller's monitor and also to have very easy access to the controller's sticks
With a tablet mount, the supplied cable will probably not be long enough. I'm using the Pgytech Pad holder and a decent USB C cable. You can see what a larger phone looks like in the Pgytech holder in this post.

Cable: https://www.amazon.com/Remote-Controller-Longer-Connector-Platinum/dp/B081F42C87/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=Mavic+2+Pro+12"+data+cable&qid=1609285342&sr=8-6

Your dream tablet holder :p :https://www.amazon.com/Powerextra-A...Pro+Spark+Tablet+Holder&qid=1609285208&sr=8-1

Your welcome ;)

Repaid1, actually that mount is horrible... the phone is off to one side... Centered or nothing in my book..

Plus that tablet holder blocks the air inlets at the lower front of the controller.

Last is the fact that I believe the reviews complain of it blocking the lowering right joystick off the display for the M2 series. Plus it is cheap plastic... I would never trust that with a lanyard.

I may add that I have been looking over every option for tablet mounting out there in the past few weeks... I personally ordered a DJI tablet mount for the Mavic series... Nice mount, all plastic, but really NICE plastic. I am just concerned about long-term durability of the pivot points.

I also got one of the generic all aluminum mounts... quite nice except for the fact that the quick-disconnect "shoe" for it is somewhat loose and rattles in operation...But, I am investigating options to tighten it up and will post back once I figure something out.

Repaid1, actually that mount is horrible... the phone is off to one side... Centered or nothing in my book..

Plus that tablet holder blocks the air inlets at the lower front of the controller.

Last is the fact that I believe the reviews complain of it blocking the lowering right joystick off the display for the M2 series. Plus it is cheap plastic... I would never trust that with a lanyard.
Good to know..I just googled it and it was the only forward tablet holder I found at first ( but it does have 4.3 out of 5 stars)...back to google search...why do I feel the need to google stuff for people??? :oops:

I guess the internet is new to them too :p

Yeah, I would pay $75-100 for a really nice, solid, all aluminum tablet holder that put the tablet forward of the joysticks like the Phantom series has.

Reactions: Eagle430
Yeah, I would pay $75-100 for a really nice, solid, all aluminum tablet holder that put the tablet forward of the joysticks like the Phantom series has.
Yeah well I have a iPad Pro on my P3P (Funny enough fits stock controller) And I skipped to a SC after that...so a bit outta touch with the tab mounts.

Reactions: anotherlab
Yeah well I have a iPad Pro on my P3P (Funny enough fits stock controller) And I skipped to a SC after that...so a bit outta touch with the tab mounts.
Phantom remotes were designed with tablets in mind. The RCs have the bulk to make it fitting. But it makes it rather heavy too.

If you use the bottom port, you must have the short cable removed from the side port or else the bottom port won't have data.

Good to know..I just googled it and it was the only forward tablet holder I found at first ( but it does have 4.3 out of 5 stars)...back to google search...why do I feel the need to google stuff for people??? :oops:

I guess the internet is new to them too :p
I know very well how to use Google and internet. But rather than Google search and go for the best looking one and then being disappointed I would rather ask advice from people already using them for their experience-recommendations

Wanted to ask if anyone is using a pgytech tablet mount? DJI official store sell 3 of these, I don't know if they are good or if they block the sticks/ monitor view because they are mounted in the back of the controller? Also which of the 3 will you recommend?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair