DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying your drone in high winds, over water, gulp!

I would have liked to see the hand catch after the flight! Amazing video!

Reactions: CvCow
I would have liked to see the hand catch after the flight! Amazing video!
I would have thought the pilot would need to stay in control all the way down and have someone else grab the drone out of the air. But he catches it himself!

See the end of this video. They mention they've already lost one drone.

I love their enthusiasm. When people tell you drones are only used to spy on people, or to deliver pizza, show them these videos.

I would have thought the pilot would need to stay in control all the way down and have someone else grab the drone out of the air. But he catches it himself!

See the end of this video. They mention they've already lost one drone.

I love their enthusiasm. When people tell you drones are only used to spy on people, or to deliver pizza, show them these videos.

I missed that the first time I watched. I’ve not ever seen the portable handle he has strapped to the drone. That surely reduces the risk of a lost drone or fingers! Thx for sending me back for a 2nd look.

Seemingly unlimited funds and this is all they can come up with??
That's a bit harsh, don't you think? I'm sure you could do better, but they're not likely to hire you with that kind of attitude.

Those drone shots are all one continuous shot to illustrate the difficulty involved. Note they slowed the boat in order to help in retrieving the drone. Minutes or even just seconds lost like this might affect their final race result.

At 3:50 in this video, Antoine explains how he struggled to do any video editing without becoming nauseous while the boat is pitching and crashing like this.

They do post regular updates on their channel with much better-produced and edited videos documenting their progress during this 5-week long race around the southern ocean.

Wow, very exiting time of your lives......
What kind of handle did you mount on the drone and how is it constructed to you drone... glue?

WOW! Thanks so much for posting. That’s some serious ballsy flying. The winged keels these days are incredible! Just changed the angle of the wing to slow down. What an amazing drone..and pilot and captain.

That's a bit harsh, don't you think? I
They have hundreds of videos on their channel and lots of money to buy drones. Seemed like they had enough cameras on board to have caught the landing. I hand land always I would have liked to see that one.
I love sailing too.

They have hundreds of videos on their channel and lots of money to buy drones. Seemed like they had enough cameras on board to have caught the landing. I hand land always I would have liked to see that one.
I love sailing too.
You don't need to watch all hundred videos. If all you want to see is how they land it, just watch at 11:50 in the video I linked in post #5 above.

Lots of practice for sure, but would have been good to 'have a hand' landing too.

9:00, the drone didn't seem to want to shut down immediately like pretty much all drones.
It looked like a Mavic 3, not 100% sure.

Still think the best ocean yacht race drone flight is this one though . . .

Reactions: Zbip57
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu