DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying your drone in the rain; waterproof vs water resistant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think and I'm sure other's would agree, that@ Thunderdrones was doing you a favor. Yet you replied with hostility and negativity.

I can't see your company going far with an attitude like that.

@Thunderdrones offered to review your product free of charge, using his own spare time and equipment to help validate your product. It's now clear to all that you don't trust your product enough to undergo independent testing.

This is the redacted version of my post - I'm gonna try to be civil

NO ONE EVER WROTE THAT WATER WOULD NOT GET INSIDE THE DRONES>...
You did. From your web site:

1547571493682.png

1547571519560.png

1547571564167.png

Based on your rants and your own contradictory statement, I would not purchase any product from you. However, based on the countless times @Thunderdrones has helped readers of this forum without compensation and the feedback from those he has helped, I would trust his reviews and opinions.

Ha, what a sick thing. I do not know much about Rob yet, not yet. But I already know, I would immediately entrust him my Mavic, if it is a defect that I can not correct myself.

I'm looking forward to his conclusion regarding this raincoat thing without proof of its functionality.

It is quite ridiculous to publicly attack people with good reputations to defend their possibly pointless product. With such weapons you shoot yourself in the knee. If such a questionable product actually serves any purpose, it would be better to allow each test by others.

I am ashamed for such irreverent persons ...

Ha, what a sick thing. I do not know much about Rob yet, not yet. But I already know, I would immediately entrust him my Mavic, if it is a defect that I can not correct myself.

I'm looking forward to his conclusion regarding this raincoat thing without proof of its functionality.

It is quite ridiculous to publicly attack people with good reputations to defend their possibly pointless product. With such weapons you shoot yourself in the knee. If such a questionable product actually serves any purpose, it would be better to allow each test by others.

I am ashamed for such irreverent persons ...

What's really silly is the way he's flying (no pun intended) off the handle. Even if Rob did lie, which... he didn't. Handling the manner in a professional way would have been the smarter reaction.

Its a really good idea for vendors on the site to make a strong effort to get along with each other.
Working in harmony even when it seems impossible.
Many people (myself included) respect when a person is selfless and able to help others even if they feel diminished in some way.

Using such strong words as liar against another well established vendor on the site? Really? Really? To me this amounts to slicing your product line off at the knee's.

Even if Thunder drove over to your place of business and took a dump on your production table it would be best to just ask why he chose to do that in a very civil manner.

He personally as well as his business has ages more time on the site. So thats seniority (like it or not). He / His business has helped many Mavic owners with thier drones and has remained professional throughout.
He has been an active contributing member on a regular basis and provided information and insight.

So step back and think about that for a moment while you chill out. Turn on some music or enjoy a cocktail and then realize that you are being viewed as a new vendor that has become unprofessional (slinging words like liar) and emotional on a fricken internet forum.

If Thunderdrones wants to wrap your neoprene loin cloth around his Mavic 2 and release a holy torrent of flood water then so be it.

Better him than the average forum member. We all like products that perform well.
He does not have an agenda to poorly rate your product and was going to provide an unbiased review.

So instead of just sending him a product to test which you could have even asked for him to return after testing. You get on the forum and call him a lair and think that is the best approach? Are you mad?

If it was my product I would have asked him how quickly can I send them to him . I would have enclosed multiples and in different colors as well as some Hershey's Kisses with a very nice note. This could help the outcome and review of my product as it paints me as the business owner in a very professional light.

As a successful business owner for 10 years myself this is Business management 101.

Im afraid you may have just put a very sour taste in many peoples mouths with your rebuttals.

Time to back pedal and I hope you are an Olympic Cyclist and have won metals in the reverse pedal event.

Wanna sling at me now?

Last edited:
Im angry, for an approved vendor to get so out of hand because I would not send him Free products to review that he would post such damaging statements about our company and outright lie about our claims.

He Posted in a way that made it look as if he already had the wetsuit and was reviewing it, that is what caused the phone calls last night for a few people to cancel and stir panic with emails.

The false information was coming in to fast, and he did not have a clue about what he was talking about and that the entire post was just to punish me , my company, and my Product,

I understand if you need to make him the hero., but I had to stop him.

Im angry, for an approved vendor to get so out of hand because I would not send him Free products to review that he would post such damaging statements about our company and outright lie about our claims.

He Posted in a way that made it look as if he already had the wetsuit and was reviewing it, that is what caused the phone calls last night for a few people to cancel and stir panic with emails.

The false information was coming in to fast, and he did not have a clue about what he was talking about and that the entire post was just to punish me , my company, and my Product,

How did he get out of hand? The only one out of hand here is you... you're literally unhinged. Take a sedative.

I really hope the mods keep all of your posts on here for public viewing. Then people can make their own educated guess about your company and products. Your words speak for themselves.

Let's all keep this civil and hope this thread stays here, for all to see.

You can be angry. You cannot be mean spirited and lash out in unprofessional ways against vendors of the site in excellent standing.

We are not making Thunderdrones a hero. He has already done that himself. Strangely you are also making him more of a hero with your current path.

Here's how he has become a hero to many on the forum:
1. Providing parts and service for many members of this sites precious possessions (thier Mavic Drones)
2. When service was out of the question because a member was not in the US and shipping thier Mavic back and forth would incur large shipping costs he still offered potential resolutions to the issue by providing free "tech support" on the forum. He does not have to do this!
3. Offering to collaborate with other forum members that have a product that may be something that he can add to his service and parts offering i.e. 3 D Printed parts
4. Providing excellent customer service as he understands that quality of service is important , but the customers needs and overall satisfaction is the top priority as his reputation and continued business depends on it. He will go above and beyond to make things right.
5. Understanding the core competencies that every successful business needs to adhere to. A Core Competency is a deep proficiency that enables a company to deliver unique value to customers.

I could go on , but you already know I am a fan boy. I am not an employee of his , or a relative , but I would consider myself a forum friend.

Do yourself a favor and change your position and try and befriend him as quickly as possible so that you may salvage your business image as his opinion of your product(s) will carry weight here on the forum.

You really dont want him to have an axe to grind with you and I believe he is the kind of person to give an unbiased review of your products even after you have become so aggressive and combative on the forum.

If the product works as described then it will be revealed. If it does not then that will also see the light of day. There is no stopping that.
We live in a free market society and if people want to base thier purchase decisions directly on the results of independent testing of thier products , well thats just the way the system works.

Time for a restart and do-over gentlemen!

EDIT: I now understand that a post may be deleted without being apparent so this first struck-out section may not be applicable.

I re-read this whole thread because I thought I must have missed something. There are no missing post numbers so I am assuming that none have been deleted but I do not read where damaging statements about your company were posted, except those posted by you. The original post just stated that @Thunderdrones was going to buy a product that he was skeptical about and was going to test it. If it passed the test, he would post the results and start selling them (post #5). If it failed, he would seek advice from you (your post #33). Until you posted we did not even know the product name so where in this thread did he post "such damaging statements about our company and outright lie about our claims"? Is there a damaging post somewhere else?

Last edited:
I re-read this whole thread because I thought I must have missed something. There are no missing post numbers so I am assuming that none have been deleted but I do not read where damaging statements about your company were posted
FWIW, many posts have been deleted and some have been edited by the posters. For example, the original post did name the product (until it was later edited out). It makes things confusing when one comes to the game late...

FWIW, many posts have been deleted and some have been edited by the posters. For example, the original post did name the product (until it was later edited out). It makes things confusing when one comes to the game late...

If I can help clarify anything for you, please let me know.

Yeah true, my post was removed multiple times, until I finally realized I should behave myself and re-word my post.

But...

If anyone's wondering what I found out about this company, feel free to message me and I'll happily "spill the beans" :p

If I can help clarify anything for you
No need. I was just mentioning it since it's just a thing that tends to happen in threads like these.

I was looking forward to the test. I've never seen anyone mention using the product in question, so I've always wondered how well it works.

Reactions: mnis and ff22
You can be angry. You cannot be mean spirited and lash out in unprofessional ways against vendors of the site in excellent standing.

We are not making Thunderdrones a hero. He has already done that himself. Strangely you are also making him more of a hero with your current path.

Here's how he has become a hero to many on the forum:
1. Providing parts and service for many members of this sites precious possessions (thier Mavic Drones)
2. When service was out of the question because a member was not in the US and shipping thier Mavic back and forth would incur large shipping costs he still offered potential resolutions to the issue by providing free "tech support" on the forum. He does not have to do this!
3. Offering to collaborate with other forum members that have a product that may be something that he can add to his service and parts offering i.e. 3 D Printed parts
4. Providing excellent customer service as he understands that quality of service is important , but the customers needs and overall satisfaction is the top priority as his reputation and continued business depends on it. He will go above and beyond to make things right.
5. Understanding the core competencies that every successful business needs to adhere to. A Core Competency is a deep proficiency that enables a company to deliver unique value to customers.

I could go on , but you already know I am a fan boy. I am not an employee of his , or a relative , but I would consider myself a forum friend.

Do yourself a favor and change your position and try and befriend him as quickly as possible so that you may salvage your business image as his opinion of your product(s) will carry weight here on the forum.

You really dont want him to have an axe to grind with you and I believe he is the kind of person to give an unbiased review of your products even after you have become so aggressive and combative on the forum.

If the product works as described then it will be revealed. If it does not then that will also see the light of day. There is no stopping that.
We live in a free market society and if people want to base thier purchase decisions directly on the results of independent testing of thier products , well thats just the way the system works.

Time for a restart and do-over gentlemen!
Juhu ... Your point number 3 leads me to mention the following (by the way): I've constructed a few things for the M1x series. Of course you can find these things for free for 3D printing on www.thingiverse.com/mnis ;there will be a few things added soon. I'm glad, if you look at it on occasion. Currently I can not buy a M2x, but only the money is missing ... LOL. But as soon as I get a cheap or free sample, I will also design something for these great machines :)

Thank you to everyone for supporting me. I didnt want to be mean to the guy and defend myself, or lash back at him because I seriously think this poor guy has some serious rage and emotional problems. I feel sorry for him and pity him. Even though he continues to attack me, I have found peace with it. My parents taught me to be kind to the mentally ill of which he is certainly one.

Back to my original point of this thread. Is it possible to fly a drone in the rain? Yes it is. Would I willingly do it with a machine that is not meant to get wet. No.

Last year, as a lark, I posted a picture of my solution to waterproofing my drone and it worked amazingly well. The best part is that with a ziploc bag, and one foot of carefully placed duct tape, it only cost me around $.20 cents (USD). I carefully made sure that none of the vents were exposed to rain and were able to breath without water getting inside. Heat was not a problem, and it was disposable.

I am now offering these for sale for $1.00 for the complete kit*. Order now and we will include a second kit for free! I havent secured the website name yet, but I am calling it the "drone-condom." www.drone-condom.com. Prophylaxis for your drone. Guaranteed to be waterproof or you get a full refund! Order now and get a free rubber band in one of 4 different colors.

*shipping charge of $78.00 is extra. Only one product per customer or I will have to go to the market and buy a new box of ziplocs.

ziploc mavic 1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom