DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FlySafe multiple unlock locations (annual)

JudyTVFilm

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have been working with DJI Support regarding year long FlySafe unlocks. We have two Air 2S drones that need to cover a chunk of Central California, primarily around Class D airspaces near the San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria, CA airports. Do I have to file separate unlock requests for these two large areas? How can I best represent the areas on the application? We have an Organization Account and I was told that we can get a year if I can get past this portion.

You need to apply for FAA approvals, then apply for custom unlocks for each drone, and for each location. It's not that difficult, I have multiple projects like this.

Once you have the custom unlock, you just download them to the drone, then turn them on once you're on site.

I understand but was told I could get year long unlocks with the organization account
You don't even need an organizational account. I don't have one and I can get them. When you apply, just put as long as you need. If they only give you 6-9 month, just reapply. An organizational account isn't necessary.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock